hf1

Qs for those that cosleep/coslept

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Qs for those that cosleep/coslept

Postby lazylexis » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:52 am

At what point did little one move into their own room?
What prompted the move?
Did you wait until you thought they were ready/till they asked or did they move for another reason?
How did you go about physically doing it- did you just put them to sleep in there and leave them to it or did you sleep in the same room for a few nights etc.
Just thinking about our options with Nathan atm. He still sleeps in bed with me but takes up so much room that dh usually sleeps in the spare bed with the dog! Although even the dog slept downstairs last night so dh had the bed to himself.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Qs for those that cosleep/coslept

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:23 am

We started by putting Isabelle to bed in her own room but then she would come back in with us when she woke then when she was older 2-3ish we would re-settle her in her own room...

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 am

I waited until they were ready- although started to encourage them to think about it as they started getting older. henry was about 6 i think- so i co-slept with the both the older ones for about 3 years, charlie was more like 8 :oops: nothing would induce him to move and sometimes he still comes in with me- so i co-clept with both him and sam for at least 1 year, and Sam is still in with me :-? I did suggest getting a bed in the same room as me- which he agreed to but thinks i should sleep there too :giggle: However i am now on my own so it doesn't really matter, although now i think about it i have been co-sleeping for nearly 13 years! Probably couldn't sleep on my own :giggle:

That is probably not what you want to hear- but and atempts prior to this failed with us :giggle:

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:16 am

xxx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Twinkleroo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Twinkleroo » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:27 pm

My youngest slept in with us until she was one, OH hated it though! She would go to sleep in her cot at about 6 and seemed to instictivly wake again by half 9 to come in with me :giggle: Me and Dd2 slept like babies like this! It was only when we moved our double bed away from the wall that i had to make an effort to keep her in her cot (wouldn't put her in the middle as OH sleeps to heavily.) She went in with her big sis and TBH still wakes up regularly through the night for comfort :-? They're only little once though! x x x

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:29 pm

We waited until they asked and then went to Ikea so they could chose a bed (adjustable so they get lots of use from it) and bedding. Sometimes that has meant having 2 in our bed for a little while (not long though). Fin's bed is actually in our room as we don't have enough bedrooms but it has worked just the same as for the others.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:51 pm

We needed the bed for Asher, so we started putting Isaiah in his own bed for naps and then made the move to nights. He would have been around 18months as he was 21m when Asher arrived. He still does wake and come into our bed every night though so we end up with 4 of us in it!

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:57 pm

lazylexis wrote:At what point did little one move into their own room?
What prompted the move?
Did you wait until you thought they were ready/till they asked or did they move for another reason?
How did you go about physically doing it- did you just put them to sleep in there and leave them to it or did you sleep in the same room for a few nights etc.
Just thinking about our options with Nathan atm. He still sleeps in bed with me but takes up so much room that dh usually sleeps in the spare bed with the dog! Although even the dog slept downstairs last night so dh had the bed to himself.

My eldest did when he was about 15 months. He asked to go in his own room and determinedly slept in there from the first day he said he wanted too, however I think he did this as I bought him a cabin bed not realising hed insist on moving into it straight away! He just went in by himself and went to sleep, no fuss no hassle and that was that.
T is still co sleeping most of the time, we have no option for him to have his own room atm as we dont have our own place, all three of us are sharing one room but no rush, when we do have our own place (probably not til next year unfortunately!) he can go into a room by himself/with his brother whenever he wants too.

Return to Baby and Toddler