hf1

When to put LO forward facing in the pushchair?

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: When to put LO forward facing in the pushchair?

Postby nappynutter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Never. :wink:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I had DS1 facing me until DS2 arrived and we got a P&T so could not face me. I hated it and really missed seeing their faces and talking to them.

Personally if I had the choice I would always keep them facing me :D

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:39 pm

A is still facing me. I'm not going to turn her forwards at all. We have great little chats when we are out walking & I'd like to keep it that way.

TBH I can't understand peoples obsession with turning babies forward. People seem to have this impression that once they hit 1 all of a sudden they hate being rearfacing.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:42 pm

it's lovely to see so many other mummies who love to keep their babies parent facing! On another group I use they were all desperate to have their babies facing out in pushchairs :-( i love having chats with Rory and would much rather I got to see his lovely smiles than strangers did! I'll keep him facing me indefinitely :-)

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm another one that never bothered doing forward facing. I would have missed DS's chat if I'd turned him forward and he was always happy enough rear facing. :D

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby nabroc » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Eoin is 3 now, and on the rare occasion he goes in the buggy (long walk or lots of shopping to walk home with) He is still facing me. It's much more fun for both of us. He's also quite the mummys boy and still gets reassurance from seeing me there :D

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 pm

Lucas will face me, dd chooses to face out though occasionally rear facing. Though if it's the stroller it's outward only (Lucas has been In this on a few dog walks and could see amber and dogs infront of him and seemed fine)

I hate seeing little babies outward facing :(

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:55 am

Izzy has always been outward facing, always. since newborn. So Izzy has been :bw: for the majority of her life (on my front) she didnt spend a lot of time in her car seat or push chair at all, pretty much using them for naps. SO if her eyes are closed what the hell does it matter which way she faces :lol: On the odd times she is awake i actually think it is a nice change for her to face out and look around instead of at my ugly mug :hohoho: I don't think people really need to be sad about my daughter facing out in her pram! Those who have met me know how much love and attention she gets!

The answer to your question is "whenever YOU want" I think it is each to their own really. :hug:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:09 am

I just change mine about all the time, if I think he'll sleep then he's facing me, but if he's not tired he prefers to look out and I'll put him forward facing, this also gives me more room underneath for shopping!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler