hf1

Swaddle weaning

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Swaddle weaning

Postby emsy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:06 pm

my nearly 4 month old little man still insists on being swaddled every night or else he just dosnt sleep :( he naps fine during the day without but night time is a different matter !! surely he is too old for this now and he dosnt even fit in his swaddle blanket any more !!
any tips on weaning him from being swaddled would be a great help :) as my mum keeps making fun saying he will still want swaddling at 2 if i carry on xoxo

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Swaddle weaning

Postby justme123 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Sorry can't help, but I can't really see any harm in it tbh. If it helps him sleep I would go with it :-) Even if he does end up still liking it when he's 2 will that really be a problem?

Otherwise, have you tried sleeping bags?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:12 pm

No need to stop if thats how he feels comfortable, he wont want to be swaddled forever, more than likely once he gets mobile he will decide he doesnt like it. I say keepon as you are for now, if he gets to 18 and still wants to be swaddled to sleep Ill eat my wellies.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:13 pm

My sil still wraps up her 18 month old to go to sleep, can't see any harm at all if that is what works for you x

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Thankyou :) that's just what i thought but mil/mum/dh seem to think there is something wrong with it but i will take your advice and carry on :giggle: xoxo

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:20 pm

emsy wrote:Thankyou :) that's just what i thought but mil/mum/dh seem to think there is something wrong with it but i will take your advice and carry on :giggle: xoxo

:roll: why do people of the generation think lo's should be toilet trained, off milk at night etc etc by the age of 1, let be wee is what I say

My avatar
Mungo
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Mungo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 pm

My DS was swaddled until about 8 months. Just go with it until your LO is ready. I don't know any 15 year olds who are still swaddled :giggle:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:25 pm

I swaddle both of my tiny's, I say swaddle my friend says cocoon :giggle: ) if I don't they are rolling around the cot, bumping into each other and generally won't settle, I will continue to do it for as long as they will let me. People are often too quick to jump in and tell you what you "shouldn't" be doing but just follow your instint's about what you "should" be doing, they are very rarely wrong :hug: xx

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:49 pm

I agree with what the others have said, nothing wrong with swaddling him for as long as he wants it. You can use a regular cellular or similar blanket if his swaddling ones are too small now. :D

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler