hf1

When for rolling over?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

When for rolling over?

Postby charlibunny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:13 pm

Stanley is 6 months on Tuesday and he can't roll. Infact he can't actually do anything other than lay on his back. When I put him on his front he will hold his head up for about 20 seconds then just cry and give up. He is normal right? Ella was crawling by now :|

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: When for rolling over?

Postby Shaunie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Of course he's normal! They all do things at different times. Jonah was about 4.5 months but Isaac was about 6 months. You'll be driven mad in no time when you can't turn your back because he'll be crawling off somewhere :lol:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Shaunie wrote:Of course he's normal! They all do things at different times. Jonah was about 4.5 months but Isaac was about 6 months. You'll be driven mad in no time when you can't turn your back because he'll be crawling off somewhere :lol:

Oh im not wishing the time away, it's just a few people have said he should be rolling now and have I had him "checked out"

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm

I am one of these bad mummies that can't remember all these things :giggle: I remember K sitting at 4 months and crawling at 6 and Anna and G were mobile as well but that is it.

I would say he is fine though, some kids just do things later than others, and he is a boy, boys can be right lazy buggers :wink: If you have concerns contact your hv xx
Last edited by Kirstyh on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Jas rolled at exactly 3 months, but didn't crawl until 7 months. Otis rolled for the first time last week; but he can only do it during nappy-free time :giggle:

They all develop at different paces so try not to worry.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm

PS, Otis cries if I put him on his front, too, it seems to be pretty usual with babies who are laid on their backs to sleep.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 pm

charlibunny wrote:
Shaunie wrote:Of course he's normal! They all do things at different times. Jonah was about 4.5 months but Isaac was about 6 months. You'll be driven mad in no time when you can't turn your back because he'll be crawling off somewhere :lol:

Oh im not wishing the time away, it's just a few people have said he should be rolling now and have I had him "checked out"

Perhaps you should ask if they've been checked out :roll:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Shaunie wrote:
charlibunny wrote:

Perhaps you should ask if they've been checked out :roll:

Seriously I had to bite my tongue at toddlers today. Because He is not weaned someone suggested giving him wotsits as they are easy to suck :| :| :| :| :|

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:44 pm

charlibunny wrote:Seriously I had to bite my tongue at toddlers today. Because He is not weaned someone suggested giving him wotsits as they are easy to suck :| :| :| :| :|

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler