When did your LO drop the morning nap?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

When did your LO drop the morning nap?

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:01 am

Hello! me again!
Hayley is nearly 1, and currently had been having a 1.5hr morning and afternoon sleep. for the past week she has cut those times down to an hour each, and this morning has completely refused her morning nap! SO i brought her back down, and she has played very happily for over an hour... sooo... is this about the age that they drop it? do i just put her down after her lunch and hope she has a couple of hours?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: When did your LO drop the morning nap?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 am

Try her after lunch hun. Am not sure when ethan cut out his morning napos as he was at nursery at that age (I think he was about 1 though) he still has a 2 hour nap every afternoon though but then every child is different. Try her and see what happens! :-)

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby cath » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

Charlotte was just over a year old when she dropped it. Although the HV's moaned a bit & said she should still be having 2 naps until she was 18 months ols.

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 am

Darcy dropped to 1 nap at about 11-12 months and now some days she refuses to nap at all!!!!! Yesterday she woke at 6am and went to bed at about 7:30pm last night. I don't know how she manages 13 hours without a nap, but then she never usually sleeps more than 10-11 hours over night either. I just think every child is different and if she is showing signs she doesn't need the morning nap just go with it. I am hoping for a sleeper next time :giggle:

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 am

By this age mine normally had an early lunch 1130 - then had a couple hrs after and that was it - they dropped naps totally by 18months or so x

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:31 am

I think my 2 were around 18 months or so. Afterthat I would give them an early lunch & put them up straight after. This gradually got later and Isaac still naps in the afternoon for 1.5 - 2hrs!

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:27 am

Like everyone has said, each baby is different. Toby has just turned 11 months and still has 1.5 nap in the morning and again in the afternoon. Though the am nap can be as little as 40mins some days.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:23 pm

As far as I can remember ours were all down to 1 nap in the afternoon of about 2 hours. x

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 pm

well she powered on until about 2pm.... :shock:
thats the time she usually has her afternoon nap... so we shall see how long she goes for! Bless her, she wasnt really whingey or grumpy! we've had a lovely day! x x

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler