hf1

Growth spurt behavour?

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Growth spurt behavour?

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Max will be 4 months old this week. I can't tell you he's feeding more yet as in all honesty the kid feeds constantly on and off all day and always has done and he never goes longer than an hour or so between a feed in the daytime (he is thankfuly sleeping through at night though :-)) The thing is that his behavour has changed. He's gone from very calm and placid to quite irritable and grumpy. He's not happy unless he's sat on my lap and can actualy see me and god forbid I don't actualy look at him or talk to him for more than 30 seconds. He gets rage with his toys as he wants to put everything in his mouth but hasn't quite got the co-ordination to do it himself and if we eat in front of him he goes mental smacking his lips and flailing his arms about trying to get whatever we are eating. (obviously we won't be giving him solds anytime soon but this is what he's doing). These changes in him coincided with him trying to pull himself forward and gaining better neck/head control. If he's sat in his chair/swing, or in our arms he's fighting to sit more upright. I realise growth spurts are not all about food or actual growth spurts but can also be about developmental changes too but this is quite hard work. Also when he's feeding he's now bobbing on and off constantly and is flailing his arms around or he's just wriggling about. He doesn't seem ill so what else could it be? Any words of advice girls? Am kind of at a loss to be honest. Thanks

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Growth spurt behavour?

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 pm

My DD is behaving the same and she is bottled fed now. I can't help other thN to say your not the only one. My DS was the same I think at about that age he is 25 months now. I put it down to them wanting to do things they cant yet and just getting frustrated abut like the terrible two lol. I'm pretty sure he was back to his cheerful self by about 5-6 months when he could start crawling and holding things and banging.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:18 pm

No advice just :hug: as we are going through exactly this at the moment.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Sounds like he's frustrated to me. He knows what he wants to do but is still trying to figure out how.
Eleanor can get so cross with herself at times. Now she's mobile it's helped her sooo much.
Give him time & he'll get there.
:hug:
Glad hes sleeping through for you.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh my :giggle: i could of wrote that myself :wink: my ds is 20weeks and this is exactly how he is at the moment :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler