hf1

How do I stop my LO from .

My avatar
meowow
Clothie
Clothie

How do I stop my LO from .

Postby meowow » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:44 am

Hey, my LO is 18 weeks, and when he is asleep in his cot at night he wriggles all over the place, I have tried using a sleep positioner but he still manages to turn the other way around up to the other end of the cot! He sleeps on his front so I don't know if this is why, but I can't get him and never have been able to get him to go down to sleep on his back. Any advice? He is waking up because he is side ways in the cot and stuck!! :( Thanks for reading.

My avatar
masheater
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: How do I stop my LO from .

Postby masheater » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:56 am

Both mine did this and still do to some extent.
This was less of a problem with my second son as I put him in the cotbed much earlier. This meant whichever way he was there was plenty of room and he never got stuck.
And the beauty of a cotbed is it will last up to 4 years if you want. You could probably get a second hand one for peanuts and just buy a new mattress if you want.
If you are worried about covers, you could use baby sleep bags, again you can find them second hand for next to nothing.
I hope this helps! X

My avatar
rosiesnappies
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby rosiesnappies » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 am

:hug: unfortunately I don't think you can stop them! They do stop doing it eventually, or get mobile enough to move themselves round again! We've always used sleeping bags so they don't get cold, but it's really annoying when they wake you because they've got stuck isn't it!!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:10 am

Mine son still does this all I do is put him back in the middle just before I go to bed. He still something's wakes with his arm through the bars or his legs all bent up however I've never heard of a solution to this.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:16 am

You can't! DS1 was terrible for it. I used to cringe at the banging sounds coming from the monitor when he'd banged his head or got stuck. We put him in a sleeping bag at this stage, it didn't help with the moving around but at least he was covered at all times!

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Hannahboo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 am

We always had the same problem here, and still do sometimes. Although it does seem to have got better recently since we took sides of cot off and got a quilt and pillow for her. Obviously your LO would be too young for that but just wanted to say it does get better :wink:

Return to Baby and Toddler