hf1

LO too heavy for vibrating chair/swing - what now?

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

LO too heavy for vibrating chair/swing - what now?

Postby Robins_Mummy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:20 am

My little man is growing fast, and is nearly too heavy for his vibrating chair, and all the swings I can find have the same weight-limit as his chair (20lbs) - I'm panicking a wee bit as having the chair to pop him in is a godsend when I need to grab a shower/etc - what do you use when your LO is bigger?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: LO too heavy for vibrating chair/swing - what now?

Postby Frances » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 am

We love our activity station

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:24 am

Jumperoo :D My lo loves it and he was in it from about 4months old

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:25 am

Frances wrote:We love our activity station

Do they have to be able to sit up for them? My little boy can't sit up by himself yet.

My avatar
Robins_Mummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Robins_Mummy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:26 am

red_dwarf wrote:Jumperoo :D My lo loves it and he was in it from about 4months old

I think my little man will only fit that for a couple of months, so it's a lot to spend for such a short time :/

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 am

Otis has been using his since he was 4 months and he can't yet sit unaided. Jasmine used it until she was 15 months

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am

Robins_Mummy wrote:
red_dwarf wrote:Jumperoo :D My lo loves it and he was in it from about 4months old

I think my little man will only fit that for a couple of months, so it's a lot to spend for such a short time :/

My little man has been in his since 4 months and he is still in it at 8months. he is very very tall so will be out of it sooner than a shorter baby, but tbh even if he was only in it for 2 months it would be worth it as he has absolutely loved it. its helped him get a lot of strength in his legs too. he has been able to stad with only just holding his hands for ballence since 6months. we bought ours brand new from tesco for £66

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am

I'd get a jumperoo/activity station too. Mia is getting one for Christmas. TBH they have a great resale value you'll probably get a lot of your money back when you're done with it. :wink:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 pm

I wasn't a fan if our jumperoo or should I day DS wasn't but I got back £5 less than I paid for it which was great he prefered the leap frog DJ station thing. I also got a swing graco loving hug from memory which you can use up to 9 months or something really high weight limit.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler