hf1

Talk to me about tiny babies and wool

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Talk to me about tiny babies and wool

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:58 pm

I have had to buy the gorgeous Puddlekins/ Pixieknits collab and it the wool screams to be gorgeous longies but I have seen such mixed things about wool use on littlies I would like to have some of your honest experiences please. They will be used in the day not at night (I'm afraid I'm a sposies at night kinda girl :oops: ) so tell me honestly please girls. We never got it worked out with Austin (plus I never thought they looked quite right on him) but I think girls look super cute in wool so these will be my trial pair (still unsure on wether wool is for us).
Thanks

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Talk to me about tiny babies and wool

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Mia wears wool full time and we only got issues when the wool was fairly new and hadn't been lanolised enough times. As long as you have an absorbent enough nappy underneath then I don't think you'll have any issues with leaking. We don't use popper vests so no problems there either.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Thankyou Moderators :)

Postby Allie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:04 pm

We used wool on Dexter from being a day old and so long as we used good absorbant nappies and changed regularly we never had any issues. Like Louise we didn't use poppered vests, we just used normal t-shirts as vests.

Hth :D

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:07 pm

same as above, dd was in wool virtually fom birth. only started having problems at about 2-3 months when she was peeing through her nappies every 30 mins (the girl did and still does pee for england). as long as the nappies are absorbant enough, the wool was fab.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

T started wearing woollies from 12 days old and has worn them every night and pretty much every day since...never had a leak. Got a few bits of BF poop on a couple but it didnt come through. The key is lanolising and using absorbent enough nappies.

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Alasdair was in wool at night from a few days old. Found it very, very reliable. No problems at all. :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh and that's a small nappy so definitely won't fit from birth anyway unless your little lady is big. Mia's smalls didn't fit until she was at least a month old, possibly almost 2 months.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Louise wrote:Oh and that's a small nappy so definitely won't fit from birth anyway unless your little lady is big. Mia's smalls didn't fit until she was at least a month old, possibly almost 2 months.

Autin was 9lb 8oz at birth so don't think we'll have to wait too long :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm

I hope to use wool from early on as well.
Louise remind me again where you got your non popered vests from :D

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler