hf1

Cup Recommendations please

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Cup Recommendations please

Postby Rebeccar75 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:10 pm

My boy is 11 months. He will only drink out of a normal cup - doidy cup, adult glass etc. I want to get him a cup that he can hold and drink from himself WITHOUT handles as they just hinder him as I want to promote his independence as I have to hold a glass for him to drink out of. Is there anything about that is like a normal cup - i.e. no spout, straw, teat, handles that you can recommend. I have seen an Oxo on Amazon but it's £6 so wondered if there was anything else around that anyone had used before I shell out for it.

Thanks, Rebecca

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Cup Recommendations please

Postby Bluebell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:41 pm

He could use a Tommee Tippee beaker without the top on. The top is handy even if he doesn't want to use the spout because then you can throw it in your bag :wink:

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/first_beaker/

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Bluebell wrote:He could use a Tommee Tippee beaker without the top on. The top is handy even if he doesn't want to use the spout because then you can throw it in your bag :wink:

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/first_beaker/

WSS It does what it says on the tin and it's a good price I always use them.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 am

thanks for your advice.. He thinks that all his cups are "rattles" so water goes EVERYWHERE, hence why I would like one with a lid. But the tt one is a cheaper alternative if nothing else turns up.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 am

Hhhmmmm the HV gave me a top that went on our TT cup that just had a little hole in it they said for a straw but I found that it allowed just a little liquid through so enough for him to drink but not enough to make a compleat mess. Not sure of the name prehaps you caliph ask your HV about them.

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 am

KimmyM wrote:Hhhmmmm the HV gave me a top that went on our TT cup that just had a little hole in it they said for a straw but I found that it allowed just a little liquid through so enough for him to drink but not enough to make a compleat mess. Not sure of the name prehaps you caliph ask your HV about them.

Good idea - I need to speak to my hv anyway - never thought to ask her advice... The lid youv'e got sounds just the sort of thing I'm after.

Return to Baby and Toddler