hf1

Another one about shoes.

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Another one about shoes.

Postby e586 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:42 pm

I do with Natalie, though I always get her measured and fitted for her main pair, then grab another pair in the same size/style on ebay to be an extra/nursery pair.

Ryan can't wear normal shoes as none fit his width/instep/fat ankle/severe rolling and wears boots from the physio. But before he was in these there's no way I could have bought the next size up- even when he grew out of the one pair that actually fit him, the next size up didn't work as they rubbed!

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:44 pm

See it's difficult for us as Tegan won't let anyone she doesn't know touch her so I have to measure her and the shop assistants never pay that much attention whilst I'm doing it so it becomes a guessing game! We get the "size" of shoe but never really the "width" so in all honestly it's just as reliable putting her foot in a shoe and feeling were her toe is!!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm

We always get DD measured but I have also bought the next size up in the sale, if they are £10 it's normally worth the risk,as you can ebay them brand new and boxed and generally get that back. I'm more cautious now though as I have had two pairs that didn't get worn due to her changing size. Now she is in her shoes all day at nursery I will stick to buying as she needs I think.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm

IMO it totally depends on the child. Ryan and Katie both have G width feet (although Katie's has just gone down to an F) so I tend to stick with shoes that have width fittings or where I know the styles are wide enough.I have a Startrite measure at home so measure them regularly to check if they need new shoes. Amy has always been an F width so can wear pretty much anything as long as the toe isn't too pointed (like me most of her toes are the same length so pointed shoes squash them). I don't tend to buy shoes in the next size up at all TBH just in case.

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:21 pm

Faye is narrow with high instep either E/F width depending on the style... I couldn't order online as we have enough trouble as it is, I dont think I have ever left the shop with shoes for her they always have to be ordered in :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I get G fitted, have never bought online for her, have never seen any where that fits the likes of kickers etc. She has of course had a couple of pair of knocking about in shoes but I always make sure there is no slip at the heel etc. K and A have a mix of both as they can say what fits right and what doesn't x

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 pm

I get their feet measured every so often to see if they need a bigger size, if I see shoes in a bigger size in the sale then I might get them, although once I put the bigger shoes away, forgot about them, then her feet were too big when I found them :roll: I don't always buy shoes with the correct width fitting (if the width isn't specified, as in most shops that don't sell only shoes), but I steer clear of narrow looking shoes as mine kids don't have narrow feet, and it's important to have wiggle room. Buying online can be hit and miss, brands can vary widely :-? but sometimes it's worth the gamble. even if I get their feet measured in three different shops they can come up different sizes!

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I get G fitted, have never bought online for her, have never seen any where that fits the likes of kickers etc. She has of course had a couple of pair of knocking about in shoes but I always make sure there is no slip at the heel etc. K and A have a mix of both as they can say what fits right and what doesn't x

Have you got a big department store near you? House of Fraser near me stocks and fits Kickers and Russell and Bromely kids do too, they fit Converse as well!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:
Kirstyh wrote:I get G fitted, have never bought online for her, have never seen any where that fits the likes of kickers etc. She has of course had a couple of pair of knocking about in shoes but I always make sure there is no slip at the heel etc. K and A have a mix of both as they can say what fits right and what doesn't x

Have you got a big department store near you? House of Fraser near me stocks and fits Kickers and Russell and Bromely kids do too, they fit Converse as well!

There is in Glasgow but the chances of DH letting me loose shopping in Glasgow are slim :giggle: Will keep it in mind though as I have liked some of the ones you guys linked x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler