What size terries?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What size terries?

Postby moonfruit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi

After the feedback I have decided that pre folds are not for us, and like the look of terries for the first few weeks, then moving into shaped size 1. What size terry square would I need and what type of wrap? How many of each would you suggest? What would be the best fold? And lastly :oops: where is the best place to pick them up pre loved, esp bright bots?

Thanks in advance (again) Lisa

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: What size terries?

Postby beck » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm

Not sure about the best place to get them pre-loved - have you had a look around the for sale bit here? I used the standard size (60x60) on William as a newborn and they were fine but then he was a big baby (9lb4) I like the kite fold. http://www.natureschild.com.au/flex/nappies/19/1 have a look on this site (scroll down about half way)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm going to get some 40cm bamboo terries as they'll be good for stuffing pockets with later (my 30cm terries are a bit small for that purpose) from babeco...

I never used my bright-bots for the purpose they were intended and use them as colourful hand towels instead :lol: Couldn't get the fit right!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:38 pm

40cm bamboo here too, still using mine now, and will use them in pockets in the future! Love the jo fold, and bamboo squares are just soo trim!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 am

we used the 40 babeco bamboo squares, jo fold with a huge XS rikki over the top, or for a proper fit a newborn bummis wrap.

Return to Baby and Toddler