hf1

1 year old hates having nappy changed!

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

1 year old hates having nappy changed!

Postby jclmellor » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:27 pm

my DD really screams when i put her on her back to change her nappy. often she wriggles away, making it difficult to use anything other than velcro nappies which can be done up in a flash. if it's a pooey nappy this wriggling causes lots of mess... :roll: anyone got any tips? hope it's a phase she's going through rather than a permanent problem...

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: 1 year old hates having nappy changed!

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:31 pm

ha! snap! i know some people change their LO's with them standing up... but i'm not clever enough to do this... and she would run away anyway!!!
I just make sure i have EVERYTHING ready beside me, nappy open and ready, wipes wet bag, etc..... and then get a couple of toys/book and grab her! most of the time her interest in the toy or book gives me enough seconds to get nappy off and clean one on!!! if she is really kicking off then i have to rest my left arm over her tummy.... and oh does she yell!!!!!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:42 pm

i used to put DD's nappy on with her lying on the floor upside down so kneeling over her arms (But not actually kneeling on them at all), found she couldn't run away if i did it like that IYSWIM. This phase lasted just a few weeks but she still fights occassionally with her nightime nappy if shes overtired.

HTH :hug:

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Yes, its the same at this house at times. We're still using the changing table so he can't crawl away. Above his table is a shelf, so I tend to put a toy or rolled up socks (he loves them) on it and let him try to reach for it. It normally keeps him entertained and distracted for enough time to change his nappy. At other times though its just screaming all the way through.

I'm hoping its just a phase.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 pm

My DS was like that I ended up buying the rabbitt mat as I was pregnant and just could keep up with the 'battle'. It's basically a mat with shoulder and a waist harness. He did eventually settle down but it tool ages.

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:30 pm

We went through that stage with Georgia, the other two had always been very complient :giggle:

I got a rabbitt changing mat, made things much easier :D

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 pm

We had this- it was a phase.We too used the rabbitt mat for a couple of months, then we didn't need to use it as nappy changes got easy again!

Return to Baby and Toddler