hf1

How do you keep calm?

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: How do you keep calm?

Postby scarlet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:20 pm

northernruth wrote:Is the No Cry Sleep Solution Elzabeth Pantley's book? because I found that very helpful to me. Also Andrea Grace is good

Yes. :D

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:21 pm

northernruth wrote:Is the No Cry Sleep Solution Elzabeth Pantley's book? because I found that very helpful to me. Also Andrea Grace is good

Yes it is, I couldn't remember her name earlier.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks all :hug: I gave in last night and rocked him to sleep again, at least he was down by 8pm and slept through :wine: I do need to get him sleeping by himself though. I bought the No cry...for Toddlers book last week, I was a bit put off because I wasn't much impressed with her book on babies, but I will give it a read when I get the chance. As I flicked through I noticed one part saying how children who are a bit "hyper" at bedtime are overtired, my two are always sleepy at about 6pm, then half an hour later are running round like maniacs. Should I try putting them to bed so early? Although it's not always convienient, worth a try maybe?

They are both normally very active during the day, we've recently had excellent weather :shock: and have been out loads during the day. Molly will sometimes take herself off for a nap in the afternoon when she's tired, thankfully she has nearly always slept well! It's harder with Daragh as he's not really old enough to explain "stay in bed and go to sleep" to, he just thinks I'm leaving him alone. I had been thinking of moving him to a toddler bed, his cot is 25 years old, Molly has broke many of the springs from bouncing in it and it's hardly comfy if even safe... but I'll be doomed if he learns he can get out of bed :roll:

Right, I'm off to (hopefully) start naptime, and then read the No cry sleep solution book!

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:57 pm

My LO is a couple of months older and i would agree when she is hyper she is definately overtired, i would say maybe two days a week she goes to bed at 6pm. If you consider that she still has 2 naps a day and sleeps through every night and stll needs to go to bed this early sometimes, your LO who gets much less sleep must be shattered.

Also with DD when she is overtired we use a wind up winnie the pooh light show thingy that plays music and does a lightshow across the ceiling, best of all is if it finishes before she falls asleep she has learnt how to wind it up again herself then lie down again.

Not sure if this helps but hope things improve soon. Also my advice would be if you can have a nap during the day or at least try and rest when you can (easier said than done i know.)

:hug:

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:00 pm

ooh forgot to say also that when DD goes to bed earlier she does not get up earlier, still wakes at the same time but just gets more sleep IYSWIM

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

I'd agree he sounds tired, Martha will get hyper if she is over tired and can then take ages to wind down. 8pm is late for a LO of his age if he doesn't nap during the day, I'd try the earlier bedtime and see how that goes - you might be surprised.

I forgot to mention last night that when Martha was younger and would get frustrated/ upset I would stay with her with a hand on her shoulder till she calmed down, or use a bit of pick up put down with her. I'd never leave her on her own crying

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler