hf1

Singing toddlers

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Singing toddlers

Postby ImisMummy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Is my toddler the only one that doesnt sing yet?

She doesnt even say word in a tune or mumble along when im singing.

She signs the words she knows when Im singing but doesnt use her words :-?

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Singing toddlers

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm

She's probably a little young yet. The fact that she's signing some words & recognising them is the perfect start.

James didn't properly start 'singing' to a tune till he was over 2. Only now at almost 3 he's singing them word & tune perfect! (albeit repetitively which means we get incy wincy spider about 50 times on the trot!)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 pm

docmaggoo wrote:She's probably a little young yet. The fact that she's signing some words & recognising them is the perfect start.

James didn't properly start 'singing' to a tune till he was over 2. Only now at almost 3 he's singing them word & tune perfect! (albeit repetitively which means we get incy wincy spider about 50 times on the trot!)

Why oh why is it always incy spider :roll:
DS started as about 25 months he is only 27 months now and it's getting more and more. Not everyword yet and some are his own words but you can make out the song. Very cute :love: their all so different thou he was barely talking at 21 months whilst others were chatting away.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Its one of those where everyone elses toddlers are doing it!!

she knows 50+ sign and uses them in context. but we have always signed with from birth

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:19 am

ds1 didn't sing on his own, or with me even, until well after 3 yrs, now he sings all the time. :D

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 am

Callum doesn't, he just dances and smiles whilst mummy sings them out of tune. At least he appreciates my rather dreadful singing attempts. :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 am

bekhi1983 wrote:Callum doesn't, he just dances and smiles whilst mummy sings them out of tune. At least he appreciates my rather dreadful singing attempts. :giggle:

Noo covers his ear's and cry's when I sing. Seriously it's enough to give me a conplex.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

Ewan has only really started singing in the last little while (since he was about 2.5). He used to join in with actions but refused to sing at all for ages. He now bursts into song at randon times and joins in with me or the CD. However, he has his father's tuneless singing voice ( :oops: for a mummy who is a trained singer!!!)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Amelie has only started singing in the last couple of months. At the moment rock a bye baby, twinkle twinkle & I dig my garden are on constant repeat.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler