hf1

Singing toddlers

My avatar
cath
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Singing toddlers

Postby cath » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 pm

Charlotte (21 months) only occasionally sings. She sings the theme tune to Peppa Pig :doh: and Baa Baa black sheep & that is it really. And even those, she only sings the odd word (eg when I sing Baa baa black sheep, she just sings baa baa baa baa baa over & over again!)

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Think yourself lucky, we got serenaded to the ABC song at 4am the other morning when for some very odd reason Grace woke :giggle: And Justin Bieber's "Baby" rarrr all the time!

I am a bit unsure with signing with kids that don't actually have a hearing or proper speech issue, I do think it can delay speech if they get used to using the signs.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:16 pm

xxxx
Last edited by tiyuricc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Think yourself lucky, we got serenaded to the ABC song at 4am the other morning when for some very odd reason Grace woke :giggle: And Justin Bieber's "Baby" rarrr all the time!

I am a bit unsure with signing with kids that don't actually have a hearing or proper speech issue, I do think it can delay speech if they get used to using the signs.

According to the information I was taught when I got my level 6 makaton. It doesnt impede speach as it is used with speach rather then instead of. Its a it like pointing, instead of pointing at what she wants, she signs instead.

So, I guess Im lucky she doesnt sing! :hohoho:

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler