hf1

Sharing a room? UPDATED WITH PROGRESS

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Sharing a room? UPDATED WITH PROGRESS

Postby kt24 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:49 pm

We live in a two bedroom house and currently the boys have a room each and we sleep on the sofa bed. We are really keen to have our bedroom back but I'm not sure how the boys will take to sharing.

They are both pretty good sleepers although Zac is quite easily disturbed. I was wondering if anyone else had little ones that share a room and from what age did they share. How do you find it?

I know they are going to have to share eventually but I'm not sure what is the best age to do it.

Any advice or experience would be much appreciated.
Last edited by kt24 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Sharing a room?

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 pm

the sooner the better, they're both young enough to forget a time when they had a room to themselves. Leave it too long and the one who has to share will resent the intruder for years to come or bemoan the lack of his own room:?

I've got my 3 boys in together, and the 2 girls are together, 1 still to join though i dont know how 3 storey bunk bed i think! :idea:

It can be heartwarming hearing them talk together at bed time/morning. those are the times they seem to get on best together. :D

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm

We also have a 2 bed house. DD1 slept with us until she was about 18 months and they have been sharing since. They really enjoy sharing and often sleep in the same bed, we have a double bed with a bunk above. I anticipate that DD2 will move in there too when she is not feeding at night.
Then at some point we will need a bigger house!!

My avatar
jan3182001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby jan3182001 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 pm

i forgot about the bed sharing, ours are just single bunks but they quite often sleep together, i sometimes wonder why i bothered to get them separate beds at all :D

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:59 pm

Well I just though I'd update. One week on from the big move and it really hasn't been as bad as I thought.

They actually haven't been disturbing each other. Lockie can sleep through Zac's crying and Zac sleeps through Lockie's early rising. They are loving having all the extra play room that they have now and seem to take some comfort in each other being in the same room.

The main problem we're having is that Lockie messes about in there for 30-40 minutes after we put them down which Zac finds hilarious. However Lockie then falls asleep and Zac is left over tired and over stimulated and finds it hard to settle. I guess this will improve as he gets older. Fingers crossed.

All in all it's been a great success and I am loving sleeping in a real bed again! :wine: :wine:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Sharing a room? UPDATED WITH PROGRESS

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:05 pm

:wine: Fabulous, glad it went well and I am sure it will get even better in time,

Woohoo at being in a bed again - but what will happen when the new little one gets older, especially if it is a girl? Will you move?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Sharing a room? UPDATED WITH PROGRESS

Postby kt24 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Annette wrote::wine: Fabulous, glad it went well and I am sure it will get even better in time,

Woohoo at being in a bed again - but what will happen when the new little one gets older, especially if it is a girl? Will you move?

Tricky one.
I guess we'll be back to the sofa bed again. :lol: :lol:
We'd love to move but 3 beds in this area are way out of our price range. :cry: :cry: :cry:
It'll all work out I'm sure. :?

Return to Baby and Toddler