Do do do do Dora.

My avatar
sezzlebum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Do do do do Dora.

Postby sezzlebum » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm so sick of Dora :shock:

My girlie is 2 and a bit, and has always been a pain to settle into a routine, from day 1 she was constantly latched to me and thus began the downfall of sleep.

She didnt sleep in her cot until she was 17 months, she had no proper bedtime because the little sod could climb out of it by the age of 10 months (she was walking at 9 months) and when i took her up to bed at 6.30 she would be awake until gone 10pm either crying/climbing out of the cot/ playing
I could never leave her alone upstairs because she has always had to get into EVERYTHING

Now its getting bad, she doesnt nap, she gets up at 7.45am (unless shes ill) and she doesnt go to sleep until midnight some nights :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: and then its only when dora is on will she even consider sitting down and winding down.

Ive tried taking her up at 8 with her sisters, bath then story then bed

but im still up there for hours with her waiting for her to nod off so she doesnt end up falling down the stairs because the pain in the backside can now climb over the stairgate :doh: :doh:

any suggestions on what to try with her?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Do do do do Dora.

Postby KimmyM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 pm

No suggestions sorry just a :hug: we have a similar situation with Thomas but luckily my DS sleeps okay most of the time.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Hmmmm not got long to reply but first thoughts.....
Audio stories to get her to lie down long enough to fall asleep.. Maybe a Dora one?! ;)
Can you stairgate her room so that you hear her climb over and can then get up the stairs before she falls down?
Also move her bedtime earlier? I know that seems silly but if she s not napping then 8pm would seem too late for me at that age- is she then getting into a cycle of being over tired? I m sure you must be knackered!
She goes to bed at 7 and tell her she gets special Dora time in her bed whilst the others are getting ready for bed, then you ll go and listen to Dora with her afterwards in the hope that if she thinks it's not bedtime she might relax enough to fall asleep by accident? You can only hope !
Good luck xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Not the most attached parenting reply but did you know You can get taller stairgates - they are designed to keep pets out of places like kitchens...

Sounds like a nightmare for you though as pp said you must be shattered!!!

Have you considered asking the GP or HV for some help?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

I think you need a professional to help. 7 hours sleep is no way near enough for a 2 year old. But i can imagine that you are way too tired to even try anything.

I think the Dora tapes are a good idea, and also a higher baby gate. :hug: :hug:

Return to Baby and Toddler