hf1

Sleep support or advice or help please!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Sleep support or advice or help please!

Postby Slebro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:55 pm

KimmyM wrote:If you cover postage your welcome to it. Say £2.00 my PP is mrsmorris08@yahoo.co.uk
Just PM me your postage address :)

Will sort that this evening, thanks! :thumbsup:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Slebro wrote:
northernruth wrote:We start bedtime routine at 6 and aim for bed at seven - this was half an hour earlier than before she started school.

Any changes we have made to sleep routine etc seem to take at least 3 nights to take effect - we've referred to it on here as the "3 night rule" - if you try anything new don't abandon it until you've given it at least 3 nights.

When the clocks go forward or back it usually takes up to a week for them to adjust so the same will be true if you change his routine at a different time.

OK, didn't know about that so will keep at it then! You think starting bedtime at 630 ok for 9 months old then? Or am I better to start at 6?

I think it really depends on the child - Martha was always in bed for half seven at 9 months but mates of mine had their little girl in bed for half 6, or 6 if it had been a tough day! Their LO was usually up at 6 tho so it just all depends.

We had a similar routine to Kimmy, except that Martha slept earlier in the day - she dropped the morning nap about 11 months (9.30 ish for half an hour/ 40 minutes) and then would sleep 12.30 to 2.30 ish. She was at a childminders from 11 months tho so she got them in a good routine.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby little1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

We generally don't do morning toddler groups as i have a sleep disorder which means i am not at my best in the morning :-?

We did do sing and sign one morning a week at 9.30-10.30am for a year, worked out ok as Keira generally sleeps from 11am-12 so would sleep either in the car or when we got back. I also have a pop up travel cot which was fab for when we went visiting friends, could just pop it up when she looked tired and she would happily nap in there.

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:08 pm

northernruth wrote:I think it really depends on the child - Martha was always in bed for half seven at 9 months but mates of mine had their little girl in bed for half 6, or 6 if it had been a tough day! Their LO was usually up at 6 tho so it just all depends... She was at a childminders from 11 months tho so she got them in a good routine.

Ok, we'll probably be on track for in bed asleep at 730 tonight (fingers crossed) so we'll see how that goes. He sounds very awake at the moment having a massage but is definitely tired, so I'm hopeful!

My avatar
Slebro
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Slebro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:13 pm

little1 wrote:We did do sing and sign one morning a week at 9.30-10.30am for a year, worked out ok as Keira generally sleeps from 11am-12 so would sleep either in the car or when we got back. I also have a pop up travel cot which was fab for when we went visiting friends, could just pop it up when she looked tired and she would happily nap in there.

that sounds like a great idea :thumbsup: we do have a travel cot tent thing that he has always slept pretty well in. Haven't tried it for naps though as he wasn't *doing* naps as such the last time we used it. I like the idea of a fixed nap time every day!

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:15 pm

It's heaven when it works you get time to do the housework have a cuppa tea. Bliss

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler