hf1

Eating

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Eating

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Dh has realised today how little pippa is eating. the last time she ate a proper amount was the manchester meet. it doesnt matter what i offer she has a tiny amount and then says shes full. yesterday she had a couple od spoons of ready brek, a few spoons of soup a tiny peice of cheese and a few organix crisps on friday she ate four cream crackers all day as that is all i could get her to eat. shes always been a fantastic eater and has a huge appetite so am struggling with it. Her back teeth are comming through which isnt helping and i've even resorted to letting her eat in front of the tv as sometimes it destracts her into eating. Trying to not make a big deal out of it but shes driving me mad shes always complaining shes tiered so am worried shes not avtually eating enough to keep her going as she is so active.
Any help or advise vrry happily recieved she has gone for a week before not eating properly but never this long is it a phase shes 33 months???

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Eating

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:46 pm

:hug: What about trying her on Minadex or something, it is a really good boost especially at this time of year and it is also fantastic at boosting appetites, when ours are taking it they eat like horses.

With Grace is is all or nothing with her eating, she goes through phases of eating us out of house and home to like Pippa barley eating a thing xx

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Oliver has had a cold recently and picked up a bug on Thurs / Friday. He's been picking at his food and I'm trying not to be worried about it, as normally he eats really well.

I've just started Oli on the minadex and I'm still offering him lots of different things to eat in the hope of tempting him, but all he wants is bread and yoghurts.

It's not fun though is it when they don't eat well, so :hug: for you and I hope she picks up soon.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:56 am

I think Pippa is the same as Riley, teeny tiny for her age? Rileys been eating like that for ages now. Hardly anything all day then suddenly she'll increase her appetite then its back to a sparrow again. And she does not stop all day either.

I'm trying not to worry but its hard. The one saving grace I have is that she will still eat her veggies. My mum would have pulled her hair out at me. All I ate until I was 2 was apple and pear (grated only!) Then till about I was 10 it was ham sandwiches, and I'm not kidding.

I do make sure she drinks lots of milk and snacks on cheese etc.

@kirstyh what's that stuff you use?

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:33 am

Caleb is exactly the same and his back teeth have only just started to show so fingers crossed it is a temporary thing whilst they are pushing through?

Caleb burns far to much energy for the little amount that he eats and it stresses me all the time xxx

P.s Kirsty what's this stuff?? Think we need it!

Return to Baby and Toddler