hf1

Car seat

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Car seat

Postby chocmuffin » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

northernruth wrote:Oh dear Martha is still in a 5ph as I thought it was safer, now I'm not so sure! She's tall for her age but light and I didn't have any confidence she was heavy enough for a HBB until recently.......will be off to Mothercare or Halfords to get a HBB asap

:wave: Have you weighed her? x

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

chocmuffin wrote:
northernruth wrote:Oh dear Martha is still in a 5ph as I thought it was safer, now I'm not so sure! She's tall for her age but light and I didn't have any confidence she was heavy enough for a HBB until recently.......will be off to Mothercare or Halfords to get a HBB asap

WSS

Toby was only just heavy enough for the HBB (15kg) when we moved him but he was so tall he was well over the height limit for the 5ph seat, hence having to move him. I didn't know about extended rear facing then or we would have done that as he was only just 3 when he went into a HBB.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

northernruth wrote:Oh dear Martha is still in a 5ph as I thought it was safer, now I'm not so sure! She's tall for her age but light and I didn't
have any confidence she was heavy enough for a HBB until recently.......will be off to Mothercare or Halfords to get a HBB asap

H has only just gone into his hun , he was in his 5ph stage 2 (?) seat literally until about a week ago so don't feel too bad :hug: :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Bella's in a HBB with integrated 5ph. She's still in the 5ph as she's only just become heavy enough to rely on the grav (normal) seatbelt. She'll stay in that until she reaches the upper weight limit of the 5ph (18kg) as I prefer it to relying on the grav belt (and relying on her to keep her fingers off the release for grav belts). Bella is 34lb (15.5kg) and 105cm.

We're just about to buy Jake a HBB with 5ph as he's becoming too big/tall for the stage 1 seat we have and has no leg room behind DH. He will obviously be in the 5ph for a long time yet. He is very big for his age though at 29.5lb (13kg) and 87cm tall.

My avatar
sophie2198
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby sophie2198 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Yeah see H is about 4 months older than bella , yet shorter and abit heavier! It was because he is so small that we just didn't think he may be too heavy for his old seat , it was literally by a few lb but I feel much happier with him in his new seat!

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:23 pm

When comparing seats and performance, even crash test data only, it's important to compare like with like. Some test centres use dummies like modified adults, none of the physiological features of children. It's a complete minefield! My giant almost 4yo is still fine in our rf TWE thank goodness. I'm dreading doing the research for a hbb. Given what I've learned in recent years re car seats, I'll be basing my research on Swedish data and experience!

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:47 am

chocmuffin wrote:

Yes, she's over two and a half stone, maybe 2 stone 10? I think our scales weigh light tho (after weighing myself at MILs over Christmas :oops:). So she's well over the 15kg and I think approaching the 18kg limit so time for a new seat.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Finally chose one, thanks :thumbsup:

@northernruth did you get one? Fancy seeing you there :giggle:

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Lol well I did say we were going to get one! Got two of the Graco ones with side impact, not Isofix but will be easier for us as always doubling up for lifts etc

I still can't get over the fact that you picked me out in Mothercare and you knew for definite it was me!

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler