hf1

What age did your lo stop going in the buggy?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What age did your lo stop going in the buggy?

Postby lazylexis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:24 pm

Ds is 2 years 8 months next week. He'll be 2yrs 11 months when bump arrives.Ds still goes in the buggy quite a lot and always parent facing.It's a sola but he's now 15kg which is supposed to be the weight limit for the sola.He has a 1-2 hour nap in the buggy still every day and. dh can't walk the dog easily when I am at work unless he takes him in the buggy.Ds gets fed up with walking after 10 to 15 mins.
My sister who is a nanny thinks we should get a double buggy but I am not really keen as it won't get used for long I don't think.
So when did your lo stop going in the buggy?
Am tempted to go for a buggy board but am not sure if ge'll like it.I guess the other option is to get a sling for baby and one dh wil use and put Nathan in the buggy and bump in sling but then he would be heavier than the buggy weight limit, am not sure how important this is.
The other option I am considering is a buggypod which goes to 20kg
http://www.buggypod.com/buggypod_smorph2.php

My avatar
Rox
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: What age did your lo stop going in the buggy?

Postby Rox » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Less often from 2.5 (i.e. only on long shopping trips or may take it to the zoo etc where a lot of walking would be done) and i just realised this week she hasnt used it in last few months so i would say she totally stopped using it at 3.5

I would probably opt for slinging baby and pram for son on longer journeys and a buggy board for shorter ones.

The sleep is the main thing i guess, S dropped her naps at 2.5 so sleeping in the pram wasnt an issue for us.

If you could get a good priced double its an option but i wouldnt think you will get value use from it really :-?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:32 pm

India was 2.5 and Max is now wanting to walk everywhere at 2yrs and 4 mths. Both of them have seemed to walk very long distances for small children. I won't take the pushchair to pick Max up from Nursery today as he will want to walk, even after a full day and no naps there.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Oliver still uses it when he is very tired (he's 2 3/4) , or I'm not able to walk far keeping hold onto him due to the PGP.

We are thinking of getting another pushchair that can be used from birth, but also could be used for Oliver. I'm going to get a stretchy wrap for the early times to, so I can sling bubba easily too, and then move onto the connecta or something else when he is bigger

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:49 pm

My Ds2 has just turned 3 in november and I don't think we have had the pushchair out at least 4 or 5 months (thinking about it I don't actually know where it is :giggle: ) I will probably only ever use it now if he is ill and I have to take him on the school run. Ds1 was out of it at about the same ages as well.
:hug:

thinking about it he dropped his naps well before the summer which is the only reason I used it from 2yrs onwards as he would always be tired at school afternoon pick up.
Last edited by emmavmorgan on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
bekhi1983
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby bekhi1983 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Aidan was about 3, I'd go with Rox's suggestion baby in sling, toddler in pushchair then buy a buggy board just in case you want to swap over. x

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:28 pm

I didn't buy a double buggy this time, Evan was 23 months when Noah arrived. Noah stayed in the moby until e was 3 or 4 months so Evans been walking since 27 months

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 pm

All of them were about 26/27 months but like everyone else they didn't have an afternoon nap by then. You might find by the time baby arrives that N doesn't need a nap during the day. Maybe wait until baby is here and buy a cheap 2nd hand double if needed?

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Martha walked on the school run with her cm from 27 months. We still took the buggy on holidays with us altho we forgot it when we went to Florida earlier this year and in all honesty it didn't matter (she was 3yrs 10 months then tho). I probably stopped using the buggy to walk into Headingley (a mile away) around her 3rd birthday. She started to drop her naps around 27 months too but when she did nap would nap on the sofa at the cm or in the car with me.

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler