hf1

What age did your lo stop going in the buggy?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: What age did your lo stop going in the buggy?

Postby Frances » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:23 pm

Jas stopped using her pram at about 2, except a weekly trip to a playgroup which was up a very steep hill. I just took a sling out instead after that age, and did back carries when necessary.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Bella was 2y9m when Jake was born and had already stopped using the buggy (although we occasionally used one when she was being a pain and I was heavily pregnant!). I guess she stopped at around 2.5y, like most of the others really.

We used a buggy board for about 3 months after Jake was born, but that was a pain as well as it seriously restricts your stride length and I kept bumping my shins into it. My DH hated ours!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

As some of the others, probably about 26 months. We took one on holiday last August and never used it once, but Austin rarely naps and has been the same for a while.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Imogen is 22 months and doesnt use her buggy anymore. DH insists on taking it out but she never goes in it! :giggle:

TBH i dont think she has been in the buggy for more than a few minutes for a couple of months

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I can only echo what's already been said. Jonah stopped about 2yrs 9mths & Isaac about 2yrs 6mths. I don't think it's good value wise for you yo buy a double.

I have a P&T but won't need to use it as a double this time so if you get your hands on a cheap single P&T give me a shout & you can borrow my doubles kit :wink:

Jonah loved his buggy board though - called it his skate board :giggle: . In fact, this is going unused this time too :wink:

My avatar
mudita
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mudita » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:59 pm

I am the odd one out...my DS1 only reliably walked around with me from 4yo. He still hops in if he is tired, but this is only if we have been doing loads of walking. He is past the weight limit but doesn't seem to bother the buggy much. :D

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:00 pm

Zach was 3 when Imogen arrived and we managed with a buggy board. There were a couple of occasions early on when we were out for a day and Zach ended up in the buggy (even pram once when he ended up getting poorly!) but I always took my sling with me just in case in the early days.

He wasn't napping by then though so it wasn't needed for that.

Immy is 2yrs 8mths now and is happy walking but likes to jump in the buggy regularly, I can see us using a buugy for longer with Imogen as we have no way to use a buggy board. Plus its handy with a million bags and a picnic on a day out :lol:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:20 pm

We still use a buggy a lot shes 3 in april but still has a afternoon nap so if im going out for more than a morning i have to take it. She will walk quite far but its over a mile to the shops so walking there round the shops and back is too much but we are trying to get her walking more

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:30 pm

DD is 27 months but we still use the buggy a fair bit as I walk into town/to nursery/work etc. she is happy to go in the buggy and I walk very fast (when I'm not pregnant) so I want to have the option for days when I am in a hurry (eg nursery run with two when I am back to work next year). I have bought a buggy board, but was thinking about investing in a cheap double for those times. I use the pushchair to carry the potty, shopping etc when we are in town even if DD isn't in it, so I can't see me givung it up for a while yet! It depends how often you drive rather than walk, and the distances involved tbh. I don't take the pushchair on the ferry, or to the supermarket etc anymore

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler