hf1

Umbilical cord?

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Umbilical cord?

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 am

Roo's took 11days. He was the biggest and his took the longest of all 3. We used bg sized aio so i just folded the front in a bit to avoid it.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 am

Alisters took about 2 weeks violets 4days!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:12 pm

DD was about 3 or 4 days I think - we were told not to bath her until it came off so I was pleased when it did as I was looking forward to bathing her. I have bought lots of Kissaluvs this time as they all have the snaps, although when I put wool over the top that's still going to cover it so I'm not sure it'll make much difference. I am hoping to use cord ties rather than a clamp this time though, I found the whole thing totally gross last time and hated touching it to clean round it :puke:

My avatar
rachel
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rachel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm

karenandgeorgia wrote:I was told by the midwife that bigger babies stumps can take longer to come off, as the umbilical cord is wider than smaller babies. I'm sure Sophies was on for nearly 2 weeks :giggle: it'll be ok as long as it's not sore or smelly.

That could be it...big baby...big stump. It's not smelly or anything so I'm sure it's fine :D

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Jack and evies were within a week and they were 7lbs 5 and 7lb 7 Catrins took 2 weeks and she was 9lbs 10, we ended using sposies with Catrin until it fell off, as although we managed to fold the bimbles under it all the wraps rubbed and made it sore :( with Evie we found the best combo was folded down bimbles with a wool soaker over it, as the wool wad breathable it stopped it going soggy

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler