hf1

Nb/ first size baby clothes

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Nb/ first size baby clothes

Postby lazylexis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Louise wrote:You can have all of M's non poppered vests. They're generously sized (JL nb vests are up to 12lb) as she's still wearing her 0-3!! I'll be buying 6-12 next so you can have the nb and 0-3 ones (think there's around 6 of each) I had a few newborn tees and vests but most of Mia's things were 0-3. Her 0-1 month sleepsuits only fit for a couple of weeks due to her cloth bum and she was a couple of lbs lighter than N at birth so I probably wouldn't buy any more, just use the 0-3 stuff.

Thanks Lou and thanks for the advice ladies! Can save myself some money!! Tempted to get a coming home nb outfit but knowing my luck it'd be puked on etc as soon as it went on!!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:51 pm

I havent bought any nb stuff this time around. I can't remember how long Austin was in nb but it wasn't long at 9lb8oz. We havent been given any weight predictions but figure its easy enough to get some nb stuff if we need it and have her in something that is. a bit big for a couple of days rather than stuff that is too small.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:47 pm

I bought a few newborn bits when pregnant with James, but mainly gender neutral 0-3
However his surprise 5lb 13oz wright meant newborn drowned him so DH had to go out & get tiny baby!

With Eleanor I'd been expecting a bigger baby (28&32 week growth scans predicted 50-75th centile) so packed my bag at 34 weeks with newborn

However 35week scan showed 4 1/2 lbs & other problems.
So we needed premature stuff (even tiny baby drowned her!!)

I've never taken any notice of ages on clothes, they mean nothing to us. But I've got good at looking at an item of clothing & knowing whether it would fit!

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Rowan was 10lbs 2oz, lost less than 10% but was in newborn clothes for just over a month (because at 5 weeks he was all of 10lbs 4 oz). He kept pulling his arms out of the top of his 0-3 month sleepers when he was swaddled up, so we actually had to go out and buy the smaller sizes.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:28 pm

I think you have enough - if you're expecting a similar size baby again this time. Both my girls were 6 lbs something at birth and slow gainers so were in tiny baby clothes for the first month or so. M is still in 0-3 now! But most babies are larger than mine so I think you'll be fine.

Previous

Return to Baby and Toddler