hf1

BabyDam .

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

BabyDam .

Postby CrazyDiamond » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:21 pm

My daughter will soon be too big for the baby bath, I've seen these ... http://www.babydam.com/ ... does anyone have any experience or alternative suggestions ?

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: BabyDam .

Postby KimmyM » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Looks like a fab water saving devise but we have a corner bath.
For DS I bought a bath support and then a swivel seat (safty first I think) anywho for DD we just run a very shallow bath and lay her down she loves to swim around.

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 pm

My DD2 is 5 months old and I think she's only been in the baby bath once. She usually just comes in the big bath with me. Or, failing that, I do what Kimmy does and bathe her in the big bath on her own. I've never seen the need for bath seats and such TBH.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 pm

We used the baby bath until DD was over 2, it's amazing how long they can fit just sitting in it. We now do a bath every other night and either DH or I get in with her.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I don't see the point in that at all :oops: I haven't used a baby bath for years, M just goes in the bath with the others.

stormflowers wrote:My DD2 is 5 months old and I think she's only been in the baby bath once. She usually just comes in the big bath with me. Or, failing that, I do what Kimmy does and bathe her in the big bath on her own. I've never seen the need for bath seats and such TBH.

You obviously don't bathe your children together then! :lol: I find I need my hands free to wash the others hair etc so find bath supports/seats very useful. We used one of these from birth are currently using one of these and M loves it.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:00 am

I have a baby dam and it's fab! We use a fraction of the water we would otherwise, big :thumbsup: from me! I tried using a bath seat with her, but her thighs kept getting stuck! :giggle:

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:08 pm

If you've only got one child to go I the bath I can see that it would be quite good, mainly from the water-saving point of view :)

stormflowers wrote:My DD2 is 5 months old and I think she's only been in the baby bath once. She usually just comes in the big bath with me. Or, failing that, I do what Kimmy does and bathe her in the big bath on her own. I've never seen the need for bath seats and such TBH.

I agree with this actually. When M was too young to sit up, I either washed her in the sink or held her quickly in the bath with K while I washed her, then lay her wrapped in a towel on the floor while K had a play and a wash. I don't bath them every night, only if either of them has got particularly mucky or K says she wants one, and I can probably count on one hand the number of times M went in the big bath in her first 6 months :lookround: Since M was about 8 months I've just put them both in together and let them play, while I either sort the washing or sit on the loo seat and knit.

I did have a baby bath for K, one under a changing table, and did use it a lot in the early months. When she was about 4 months though I started lying her in an inch of water with a terry square folded under her head and letting her have a splash about, she loved that and didn't go in the baby bath again as filling it and emptying it was so much more work ;)

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:22 am

We used our baby bath once! Pea just used to come in with DH or I as we share baths anyway. We do have a bnath support that we used a fair bit if we wanyed to give hjer solo baths but she has a bath on her own nearly everyday now as we find it a good way to relax her before bed. I can see how they would be great for water saving but my little climber would try to get over it I think

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CrazyDiamond » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am

cheers for your posts ..

this morning i used the foam support (that i had been using in the baby bath) and used that in the big bath. To save me from getting back ache leaning over and to make her feel really secure i went in with her, i had been reluctant to do this previously as sitting in 2" of tepid water didn't sound like fun (selfishly) .. however, it was great, so much less fuss than using the baby bath, (which i used to carry in to our bedroom as was warmer than cold draughty bathroom)
don't think i'll bother with the expense of the dam, because i have a wash myself when i'm in there with her i'll save water anyway as i won't be taking morning showers every day ...

cheers again.

Return to Baby and Toddler