9 month old dry knees

My avatar
Bessandra
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

9 month old dry knees

Postby Bessandra » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:57 am

Hi
Because my little one is now crawling I noticed his knees are getting really dry and rough :(
Anything I can do to keep them nice and soft, like they always were?
Many thanks, in advance
X

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: 9 month old dry knees

Postby weebee » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 am

Rory is exactly the same (chilled out non-mobile 9 month old and all :giggle: ) and he has dry knees. I smother them in aveeno cream or waitrose baby bottom butter and they really help. Olive oil is good too :thumbsup:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 am

weebee wrote:Rory is exactly the same (chilled out non-mobile 9 month old and all :giggle: ) and he has dry knees. I smother them in aveeno cream or waitrose baby bottom butter and they really help. Olive oil is good too :thumbsup:

Iwas going to suggest all 3 of these :giggle:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I would go down the natural cream route rather than the chemical based ones. As far as I understand, that waitrose bottom butter is quite natural. Green people organic nappy cream/baby balm is good too.

My avatar
Twinkletoes
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Twinkletoes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Lansinoh is also good. But first up I'd try olive oil.

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CrazyDiamond » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

i've just come across a product called 'Pure Potion'.. the lady in the shop said it was very popular and raved how good it was .. already i wouldn't be without it. Ameley had dry patches on her forehead, the last signs of her cradle cap i thought, but refused to go away, i'd used pure (home pressed) olive oil and calendular cream ... earlier this week i used this 'potion' and it was gone almost overnight, really moisturizing and healing. i'm a big fan !

My avatar
CrazyDiamond
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CrazyDiamond » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:58 am

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Purepotions-Skin-Salvation-30ml/dp/B000X2H8WI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328788615&sr=8-3

Return to Baby and Toddler