hf1

Talk to me about Amber.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Talk to me about Amber.

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:53 pm

The nurses and I are wondering if Iona is starting to get a tooth through right at the back of her mouth as she's been a bit whingy at times which is very unlike her and there's a white lump right at the back. I've been using bonjela but not very often as it says it isn't suitable for babies under 2 months of age and she is still only just over 7lb and obviously I'm not wanting to use paracetamol regularly.

I've heard people talking about Amber teething necklaces but I don't really know anything about them as F has never been remotely bothered by teeth. I'm aware Amber comes in a variety of different colours depending on the tree the sap came from and inclusions etc but is there a colour that is higher in the analgesic acid than others?

Where is the best place to get good quality newborn sized necklaces from? Do they wear them all the time or just during the day?

I'm just thinking it won't do her any harm and if it works then fab :thumbsup: Could have fun explaining it to the docs and nurses :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Talk to me about Amber.

Postby KimmyM » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:32 pm

I bought mine from dinodaisy. I think all your questions are answered on her FAQ page
http://dinodaisy.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=5
Far better than I could manage.
We still haven't cut a tooth yet at almost 9mths so I can't tell you I'd it works but we have an anklet that we don't take off at all once a week I change ankles but it can be tightened as much as you would need.
Not sure if you can see the fastening in this pic
ttp://www.clothnappytree.com/forum/view ... 32&t=96344
But it basically wraps around an has a claw clasp at either end.

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Highly recommend Dino Daisy as well :thumbsup:

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm

I'm very sceptical about it for lots of reasons, most similar to those posted here.
http://scepticon.wordpress.com/2011/02/ ... -consider/

My avatar
Johanna21
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Johanna21 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:08 pm

I was a sceptic but got one in desperation and it has made a difference. I got a necklace and thought I'd move it to his ankle at night but it's never been a problem, I just make sure it's tucked in and he never touches it. I'm sure the links other people have given will have all the info but it has to be amber from the Baltic region but colour doesn't matter. Hope it works for you.

My avatar
willowherb
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby willowherb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:15 pm

A friend ds had one and she loved it, i got one for my ds and noticed the difference and then another friend got one fore her dd and she said it made a big difference. I even got a mummy one for me :giggle:

i take ds one of at night but i think you could prob leave an ankle one on fine as it would be out of the way. They say to not get them wet and from time to time you kind of recharge them in bright sunlight. I think i got mine from Amber pumpkin?
Im not sure if the colour makes any difference?

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:58 am

I got one for h ,and now also have one for me, for my migraines. I do feel they have made a differrence ,and so does hubby (he was extremely skeptical) we used dino daisy as well! Xx

Return to Baby and Toddler