Lavender Fingerless Gloves

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Lavender Fingerless Gloves

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:10 am

I made this pattern after my other fail so I thought I'd give it a review! I found it really easy to follow, quick to crochet up and very pretty.

http://chaleurlife.com/lavender-fingerl ... t-pattern/
I didn't read / take notice of where she said that the top / hand section is very loose as that is how she likes it and I found it way too loose for me / my tension. I didn't want to frog right back so I just went back to the finger hole and skipped a pattern repeat on the end to tighten the whole thing up by 5 stitches. Not a perfect solution but it worked and saved wasting a whole evenings work (just 1/2 an evening :giggle: ). Note to self - read all of the pattern as well as notes!

The other confusion I had is her gloves have the stripey effect of the HDC over the wrist area but mine don't - for me this is inside. I'm not sure if she turned it inside out before starting the hand section or if she crochets upside-down compared to me. I didn't notice until I'd finished the first glove and looked at the picture but may be worth noting if you are making these!

I just need to sew my ends in (when I find my needle!) and then I'll post a pic :)

@MissFrodo How did you get on with them? Can you add a pic of yours :nosey: ? Did you have the same issues as I did?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Lavender Fingerless Gloves

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:15 am

Lol I frogged mine as I didn't loved the yarn I used. Sure to make them with other yarn as I love them. I did read the pattern lol and did get the rib on the outside, had to figure it out first though but it using the 2 backloops iyswim.

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:23 am

They look lovely, I might try them but I better read the pattern properly as I m not great at doing that! :oops:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 am

Note to self: need to learn how to chochet :)

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 am

As a naturally cold person I have never quite understood fingerless gloves- what are they for?

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:54 am

@Kim I always have cold hands but with normal gloves I get into trouble as I can't easily pick up tiny things etc. With fingerless gloves my hands are less cold and I can do anything.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:30 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I'm so excited that I reviewed this pattern as I totally forgot what pattern I had used and forgotten I'd reviewed them but I did like the final result (as did Lucy @clothsister who got them for her birthday!) and might try to do some for me before I freeze! Not sure how to fix the issue with the looseness I mentioned though :-?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:05 am

Ooh, I think that I might try this pattern - thanks for the reminder.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:18 pm

This may be a year or so late but I love my gloves. They are still firm favourites x

Return to Crochet