hf1

Squares Blanket CAL - General Discussion.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: CAL's 2017 - Poll added!

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:18 pm

@MissFrodo @autumnalgirl @Bugglyboo @girlinleeds @confusinglady you need to vote!

Esther any idea of good reasonable yarns that we could get and an idea of how many colours we should order if we want to buy from scratch rather than using stash yarn? I know you had some that you really rated that was good value but can't remember what.

@JabberJabber are you going to play (big stick :lookround: :twisted: :giggle: ).

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Esme chose for me because I couldn't decide!!! What's number 6 though? @clothmama

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:24 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:Esme chose for me because I couldn't decide!!! What's number 6 though? @clothmama

Sorry you must have seen it straight away - I added a 6th option to the post I did @autumnalgirl :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:26 pm

clothmama wrote:
autumnalgirl wrote:Esme chose for me because I couldn't decide!!! What's number 6 though? @clothmama

Sorry you must have seen it straight away - I added a 6th option to the post I did @autumnalgirl :giggle:

Must have! Amazing! I never do anything straight away!!!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:31 pm

I love 1 or 5 <3

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Except for no.6 I like them all :giggle:
Tbh I thought you had made a list for the first half year as I thought they would make a lovely blanket all together.
But well we seem to have to vote ;)
1. jan
2. feb
3 march
etc. is that allowed? :giggle: :giggle:

Yarnwise I love Drops/Garnstudio or just Stylecraft DK.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:29 pm

So looks like 5 is a winner already!

If everyone likes it the others in that CAL are just stunning as well (and I think it was one a week for a year so heaps to choose from!):
Oh be still my beating heart :love: , I love them all :crochet: ! This page has tutes for just some of them so there are even more:
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/y ... -cal-2014/

It would be quite nice to know what we are doing actually Esther and choosing 12 blocks that will work well together (and perhaps others if people are feeling extra :crochet: and want to do more!) for the year, then if someone is away for holidays in the summer or something they can get ahead. I'm so excited now! What ever we do we have to leav ea space for your tree design one Esther - so excited about that @MissFrodo :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Those are lovely @clothmama!
We can make a big blanket with those lovely squares ;)

The one I wanna design is not gonna be a block, so don't leave room for that, I was thinking about the pixelcrochet thing where you make lots of tiny squares, all the same pattern but different colors, and crochet them together so that the squares make a tree iyswim.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I'd be happy to use the ones from that CAL, they are already made to go together and so many to choose from when we are only talking about doing 12 (for now :hohoho: ) and they are just stunning! But only if everyone else is happy.

If we want to go that easy already organised for us route how about if everyone has a looks through and chooses their 3 favourites and we can see what we end up with and can do a list for the year? I'll try to find more info and perhaps a full list of the blocks from that CAL (if still available) and possibly yarn ideas if peeps want to order some yarn. How does that sound? Or would we rather just pick random ones? My worry with that is that it may end up not looking very coherent for a cosy sofa blanket! Thoughts ladies?

Was it Drops you said was really lovely and soft Esther? I have quite a few Stylecraft balls I bought to crochet car things but not that excited about how soft it is. How do they compare @MissFrodo.

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet