hf1

Squares Blanket CAL - General Discussion.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Squares CAL 2017 - General Discussion.

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:25 pm

clothmama wrote:Are you guys blocking as you go or will you do them all at the end? I've never done squares and never really blocked either!

I'm going to-do it at the end so if needed I can stretch them a bit to make them the same size

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 am

girlinleeds wrote:
clothmama wrote:Are you guys blocking as you go or will you do them all at the end? I've never done squares and never really blocked either!

I'm going to-do it at the end so if needed I can stretch them a bit to make them the same size

Cool that is what I was thinking but wasn't sure! I'll do that too :widesmile:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:28 pm

My current size discrepancy!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:09 am

Wow I can really see why it is a good idea to do this one early on and why Dedri put lots of options for adding rows on her blog! Saying that it probably is actually 30 cm (or is it more @autumnalgirl ?)- my other one is only 25 (I am missing a row though!) which is what they are supposed to be!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:12 am

Hi, it's me again...just came across this:

http://jessieathome.com/flame-square/

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:25 am

Remind me (a dense beginner crocheter) but are we doing these to make a blanket each?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:24 am

JabberJabber wrote:Remind me (a dense beginner crocheter) but are we doing these to make a blanket each?

Yes lovely, we are doing 2 a month which will give us 24 by the end of the year and they are meant to be 30cm each (if using aran - 8.5 inches if you use DK) so depnding on how you put them together / borders etc it is a decent size 130 x 190 or something like that - perfect for snuggling on the sofa :thumbsup: @JabberJabber . Come on come and play you know you want to - 2 squares a month is no time at all - you can do them on the bus on the way to work :twisted: :crochet: :twisted: (big stick).

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

MissFrodo wrote:Hi, it's me again...just came across this:

http://jessieathome.com/flame-square/

That is quite nice @MissFrodo ! I struggle to picture things not how they are in the picture but here are some a bit more how I'd do it. I think it looks lovely with the colour changes - amazing how much it changes a pattern!
Are you guys all happy to do the Flame square as 2nd for Feb @JabberJabber @girlinleeds @autumnalgirl @confusinglady @Bugglyboo ?

I fancied trying out one that is a bit more 3D so this is a good start. I think we should do one of the 3D flower ones next though :widesmile:
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/y ... -tutorial/
How do we fancy this for the first March one? Is it wrong to get them up early so I am not trying to catch up as I'm away all of March and don't think I'll have time to :crochet: at all - does anyone mind if we do that then I can try to get them done before I go? Or if you dont' want to know early I can choose them and do them but not post :hohoho: :wink: :hohoho:

And you all need to do some picking too - so far Esther and I are being big bossy's :giggle:

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am

Love both of those. I'm struggling with crochet and knitting time at the moment as we're moving house again. I will catch up though.

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet