hf1

Blanket Squares CAL - Yarn and colours discussion

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Blanket Squares CAL - Yarn and colours discussion

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Hurrah. I have an idea in my head for colours. Need to see what I have and ether order or go shopping!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: 2017 CAL - January Flower Burst Square

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Mmm can't seem to make up my mind, will have a browse soon ;)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Bugglyboo wrote:Brilliant. I will hopefully get chance over this week to get some done :D

Did you see my questions the other day Jess, what are you doing colour and yarn wise and how much ahve you already done? @Bugglyboo

autumnalgirl wrote:Hurrah. I have an idea in my head for colours. Need to see what I have and ether order or go shopping!

Ohhhhh spill the beans, what are you thinking? Are you going the DK smaller squares or worsted?

MissFrodo wrote:Mmm can't seem to make up my mind, will have a browse soon ;)

Come on I need inspiration / help as I just can't work it all out :giggle: :whip: @MissFrodo

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

I think I'm doing a blue theme to match our bedroom. Not sure what type of yarn to use. I've not made anything with cotton before and DK would be snuggly if needed.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 pm

@clothmama sorry I'm not that helpful atm :giggle:
I have about 700g paris/no5 but that won't be enough.
Have to check the acrylic section in the attic to see if that will cover it.
Or get a yarn pack or get yarn color ideas, because I don't know what we will do I find it hard to decide on colors and amount.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:45 pm

http://www.ylalifestyle.nl/c-3744667/dekens/ some nice colorpacks here and I like pinterest for colorinspiration ;)

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Give me a nudge tomorrow @clothmama and I'll dig out my bag. We've got an ugly coloured sofa so I've tried to make a nice colourway with burnt orange alongside colours we actually like ;)
I've just used cheap DK as my boys destroy things so I need it to stand up to a stupid amount if washes and lightsaber fights.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:25 pm

To be honest I just love the bright, happy, fun colours that she has used and was actually quite shocked when I read the proper pattern done in much plainer colours - the same pattern looking totally different! My issue is on one of her links in all the info she has she lists the colours (quoting from a lady called Betty) but they are all the name of Stylecraft Special DK colours but they don't seem to be the same colour names now so struggling to work out exactly what they are in order to find similar from Drops! Who do you order your Drops cotton from Esther? @MissFrodo

autumnalgirl wrote:I think I'm doing a blue theme to match our bedroom. Not sure what type of yarn to use. I've not made anything with cotton before and DK would be snuggly if needed.

Oh that sounds like a good idea!

I'd be happy doing something in acrylic rather than cotton but TBH I haven't spotted any nice worsted that is cheaper than the cotton and I do quite like the feel of cotton even if not quite as snuggly as a soft acrylic! Unless anyone else knows of some? Do Stylecraft not do an equivalent of the DK? I want the bigger squares so want to use worsted.

Bugglyboo wrote:Give me a nudge tomorrow @clothmama and I'll dig out my bag. We've got an ugly coloured sofa so I've tried to make a nice colourway with burnt orange alongside colours we actually like ;)
I've just used cheap DK as my boys destroy things so I need it to stand up to a stupid amount if washes and lightsaber fights.
Sounds good -consider yourself nudged Jess :wink: :whip: @Bugglyboo

Right going to try to work out what I need! I'm actually going to aim to make 24 squares even thought we are only doing 12 as I think that will make a nice sofa throw size but may just get enough for the 12 and see how I go!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:20 pm

@clothmama I think Stylecraft has a thicker acrylic yarn as well.
I usually order in The Netherlands though your Drops price is cheaper so was :nosey: where you get yours??
There's a shop overhere that sells acrylic Zeeman Royal, check Ravelry, but there aren't many colors to choose from.

Next

Return to Crochet