Blanket Squares CAL - Yarn and colours discussion

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 2017 CAL - Yarn and colours discussion

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:58 am

girlinleeds wrote:It's a cotton acrylic blend worsted weight, the blanket is going to be for my craft room when it's sorted (dh reckons it'll be sorted by June) so hopefully I'll be able to crochet some of it up there

Photos woman we need photos :whip: :giggle: @girlinleeds

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:59 am

Oh and I did Rémy's gorgeous random stripe blanket with a cotton acrylic mix and I think it is awesome for blankets, washes and keeps it's shape so well.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:12 am

Getting ready to go out so I'll try to sort out pics later

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:45 am

confusinglady wrote:
clothmama wrote:@confusinglady and @girlinleeds have you guys decided what colours / yarn you are using?? (big stick)

:hohoho:
I spent a little while last night trying to read through the threads! :giggle:
So I m confused, I suppose I just need to pick one type of yarn and stick to it for all squares right? I have lots of DK wool. I do like cottons and have some of the drops cottons so maybe I ll start with those.

Go on Nicola just start with some drops (is it the aran weight?) and you can get more later :whip: @confusinglady

Mind didn't arrive yesterday and it is stupid no mail Sunday today :hohoho: :fingerscrossed: for tomorrow!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:46 am

@clothmama I'm waiting on mint to arrive as well hope it won't be too long

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:58 am

girlinleeds wrote:@clothmama I'm waiting on mint to arrive as well hope it won't be too long

Do you need it for your first square? Have you done a photo yet of your yarns @girlinleeds :whip: (or have I missed it :lookround: :giggle: )

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 am

I was just reading and the lady on LookatwhatImade said she used 5100 metres (squares only not including joining / borders) so I just worked out what I have with my 35 balls I have 2625m which should be about right for my 1/2 sized blanket and I can just order what I decide later for joining! I thought I'd say for anyone else working it out. I'll use more than her as I'm using bigger yarn and hook but I'm at least ballpark!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:30 pm

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:
clothmama wrote:@confusinglady and @girlinleeds have you guys decided what colours / yarn you are using?? (big stick)

:hohoho:
I spent a little while last night trying to read through the threads! :giggle:
So I m confused, I suppose I just need to pick one type of yarn and stick to it for all squares right? I have lots of DK wool. I do like cottons and have some of the drops cottons so maybe I ll start with those.

Go on Nicola just start with some drops (is it the aran weight?) and you can get more later :whip: @confusinglady

Mind didn't arrive yesterday and it is stupid no mail Sunday today :hohoho: :fingerscrossed: for tomorrow!

It's DK @clothmama
In looking for that yarn I found some of forgotten about that I was going to use to crochet a pouff thingy for the lounge!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:00 am

Fingers crossed for yarny post today @clothmama and @girlinleeds.

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet