hf1

2017 CAL - February square 1 - Odessy.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 2017 CAL - February square 1 - Odessy.

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 am

OK so here is the amendment to row 12. This is what the original Odessy square pattern reads:
Round 12: Join Colour A in a sc that is in line with the centre of one of the six shells from round 3 (this will ensure that your centre motif is straight inside your finished square). Ch-3, one dc in each of the next 12 sts, :D *tc, tc, (2tc, ch-2, 2tc) in the next st, tc, tc, one dc in each of the next 21 sts*. Repeat from * to * 3 times (ending with 9 dc in the last repeat). Sl-st to top of beg ch-3. Finish off colour A.

Ch-3, one dc in each of the next 12 sts

My alternative start is join and chain 1, sc in same stitch, sc, sc, 1 HDC in next 4 stitches, 1 DC in next 4 stitches then continue from where I have added :D in the pattern above!

My alteration to this row is to try to help it go from being a circle to a square in a squarer way! so the changes are where the above italics are ie
one dc in each of the next 21 sts
Follow this sequence instead of the 21 DCs on each side of the square:
1 DC in next 4 stitches, 1 HDC in next 4 stitches, 1 SC in next 5 stitches, 1 HDC in next 4 stitches, 1 DC in next 4 stitches (total 21 stitches)

For the last edge continue pattern from the corner and you should end up finishing with 2 SC for a total of 5 SCs in the centre of the edge (as per other sides of square). I was one out so just fudged it so I had the perfect stitch count (I think I had to do 2 sc in one stitch). Really pleased with the results of my alterations to the pattern (first time I've ever been brave enough!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 am

Finished last night! Still not up to 30 cm but not too far off and I guess blocking will get it there. I'm really glad I made the adjustment to the edges, even unblocked it seems much closer to square than some of the other pictures I've seen of it.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 am

Starting and finishing amendments to row 12 added above.

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:19 am

Not quite square, but it will be after blockingImage

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Finally managed to make this one, not really happy with it though but well we'll see how it looks in the end (don't mind me, I'm just very very picky and hard to please and I think I'm just not a person for a blanket with all that differences iyswim).
Anyway here's mine, Think it will get more square once blocked.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Did either of you use my amendment to the pattern to get it squarer @MissFrodo @girlinleeds ?

MissFrodo wrote:I'm just very very picky and hard to please and I think I'm just not a person for a blanket with all that differences iyswim).

How do you mean by differences? I'm picky too :giggle:

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:54 am

@clothmama :giggle: I mean lots of different colors and different squares.
I used some kind of amendment but only in the last 2 rows so it's not perfect but think it might look better once blocked and attached to the other squares.

Previous

Return to Crochet