Round 1+2 red
Round 3 lilac
Round 4+5 blue
Round 6+7 rose pink
Round 8 orange
Round 9+10 pale pink
Round 11+12 gree
Round 13+14 blue

Cool thanks Lyndsay, I think I'll do something similar using your split as I know I like what yours looks like - thanks :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 2017 CAL - February 2 - Flame Square

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:17 am

I managed the centre bit, loved it! I randomly measured the centre circle (rows 1-3) against the centre circle from the first square and they are identical so that should be nice and harmonious :thumbsup: So then I did the next section with the BPblah blah and I can see the look it is aiming for but I don't love the way the new colour runs around the row before, each stitch is too uneven fro my liking but I just couldn't get it to be 'perfect' (I really have issues when making stuff and need to let go a bit :hohoho: )! Here is my WIP pic. My yellow isn't as bright as it looks in the dodgy light in the pic!

@girlinleeds I was looking at yours again for colour following and your spokes look really short, did you do them as tr and into the first row of DC or in the space above the first row of DC? Not that it matters of course, still looks fab!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:29 am

Ha I just started row 6 and worked out that if I make sure I go into the centre of the stitch and not just the top 'v' and make sure the stitch is quite loose that it makes the bphdc's look much neater. Am stopping myself ripping out the row before because it isn't thaaat bad :giggle:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 am

@clothmama that's what happens when you crochet while on lots of painkillers, by the time I'd realised I couldn't be bothered to start it again.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:23 am

girlinleeds wrote:@clothmama that's what happens when you crochet while on lots of painkillers, by the time I'd realised I couldn't be bothered to start it again.

:giggle: oh dear! It doesn't matter, I wouldn't redo either. I didnt' even notice until I was looking carefully at what you had done with mine in front of me and presumed I'd made a booboo and double checked it! That is why I dont' crochet if I've had more than a glass of wine :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Damn - just did row 7 while in front of the TV and accidently didn't do the TCs in the same stitches so of course didn't have enough stitches left at the end of the row so had to frog back 3/4 of it! :doh: :doh: At least it is quicker than all the FP / BP stuff! Really pleased about how round 6 turned out with crocheting loosely and inserting my hook right into the bottom of the stitch below for the BPHDCand kind of adjusting as I went - I'm just not going to look at round 4 :lookround:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:50 pm

I've just managed seven and eight but have spotted that there are more bphdc coming up...I have concluded they are not my favourite stitch!!!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:42 am

Love how the end of round happens on the corner, I think that is really neat!

Row 8 here I come!

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet