2017 CAL - February 2 - Flame Square

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: 2017 CAL - February 2 - Flame Square

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Ohhhhh now I'm really enjoying row 9 and without any increases and on a row rather than a circle and into DCs they are quite easy and I think they look fabulous! :thumbsup: :crochet:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Woo hoo! I have to admit if it wasn't for the CAL I think I would've given up on this a long time ago! I've added several extra SC rounds to try and match it to the flower burst.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Looking good! I love how your flame bits in the middle are on an angle - mine are straight and don't look as cool!

I'm up to row 11 and had to frog back a whole side as I didn't read it properly and put 2hdc's at the start of the row in the ch2 space :doh: I really think these tricky squares should not be done (or at least started!) in front of the TV! A bit frustrating but my saving grace is that I'm just loving it so much! Even both big boys have stopped and picked i tup and said how much they like it! Josh wants one as a pot holder and one to sew on the front of a Tshirt :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:48 pm

clothmama wrote:Looking good! I love how your flame bits in the middle are on an angle - mine are straight and don't look as cool!

:

:oops: :giggle: Thankyou! That's because when I was trying to take photos I stuck the original fp stitch around the wrong DC! My original attempt was straight. I decided that I liked it though so left it!

Oh no to more frogging; don't think I've ever done so much!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:14 am

autumnalgirl wrote:
clothmama wrote:Looking good! I love how your flame bits in the middle are on an angle - mine are straight and don't look as cool!

:

:oops: :giggle: Thankyou! That's because when I was trying to take photos I stuck the original fp stitch around the wrong DC! My original attempt was straight. I decided that I liked it though so left it!

Oh no to more frogging; don't think I've ever done so much!

:giggle: :giggle: If I ever do this square again I'm going to do the same - love it :giggle: :giggle:

With you on the frogging! My crochet is so improving though!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:57 pm

:doh: :doh: :doh: just got all the way around round 12 this evening while watching TV (again :doh:) - was only DCs thought I until I got to the end / beginning and realised I'd not started the first stitch in the chain 2 space but the stitch before so my corner isn't perfect as I had to kind of do the final stitch over it al bit but quite frankly I'm not frogging anymore of this square if I can possibly help it! I think I've had to frog at least part of nearly every row though making silly boo boos!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:02 pm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Finally finished! That took me 5 days :shock: :shock: I dont' care too much as I just love it so much! I finished with a row of DC instead of SC in order for it to match (which it has done pretty well) the Odysey one.

The textures are just amazing and as PITA it was with the cotton strands the texture stands out really well!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 am

Looks amazing Tory! Glad it is now worth the stress!

Previous

Return to Crochet