2017 CAL - March 1 - Flower Wreath Square

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

2017 CAL - March 1 - Flower Wreath Square

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:08 am

As we've already decided on the March ones I thought we'd get them up as I'd ideally like to get mine finished before I go to Oz. If you are good and keep in time then just ignore this post for another 2 weeks :giggle:

I just love this square, so excited to start it! :love:
Tutorial: http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/y ... -tutorial/
Pattern: http://myblueangels.blogspot.fr/2011/12 ... quare.html
and wow another example of how using different colours totally changes how a square looks :shock: :shock:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 2017 CAL - March 1 - Flower Wreath Square

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Can't believe how different that one looks!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:01 pm

clothmama wrote:As we've already decided on the March ones I thought we'd get them up as I'd ideally like to get mine finished before I go to Oz. If you are good and keep in time then just ignore this post for another 2 weeks :giggle:

I'm sure my finger didn't just slip :giggle: :lookingtheotherwaysmilie:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:I'm sure my finger didn't just slip :giggle: :lookingtheotherwaysmilie:

Do you mean the finger attached to your crochet hook @autumnalgirl :lookround: :giggle: ?? so how much did you get done this evening :giggle:

I'm loving it, much quicker than the last and love how it is looking (as ever please excuse the awful light! The first one is with flash and the rest without - neither very good options :doh: :hohoho: )

Image Image Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Just noticed - such an improvement on my BP stitches compared to the last square - kind of wish I'd gone back and redone it now or practiced the stitches first!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm

clothmama wrote:
autumnalgirl wrote:I'm sure my finger didn't just slip :giggle: :lookingtheotherwaysmilie:

Do you mean the finger attached to your crochet hook @autumnalgirl :lookround: :giggle: ?? so how much did you get done this evening :giggle:

Image Image Image

Yes, that finger :oops: I've only done the first three colours. I'm not sure I like the second one though...

Yours looks fab. Can really see the cotton yarn there.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm

clothmama wrote:Just noticed - such an improvement on my BP stitches compared to the last square - kind of wish I'd gone back and redone it now or practiced the stitches first!

Yes, much easier this time...I did grimace when I first read the instruction though!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Not done any for a couple of days now with all the gardening (I think I'll struggle until the autumn with that tbh and will probably have heaps to catch up on!). Will try to get on with this tonight, can't wait to see it finished!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Done the bobble / popcorn row - so much easier than the way I was asked to do popcorns in the blanket I did for Rémy - I hated them then but this way is so easy!

Next

Return to Crochet