hf1

2017 CAL - March 1 - Flower Wreath Square

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 2017 CAL - March 1 - Flower Wreath Square

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:43 pm

I've done that too and except for having to frog back because I'd missed a stitch at the end of a row it was straight forward once I'd realised I needed to pull the popcorn stitches fairly tight. Not loving the colour order I've done though so may re do it in March :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:23 am

I ummed and ahhed lots about the next colour as on Dedris' blog she changes the next row but I don't have any pale blues like she uses so I just stuck with the lavender I've used. I might do a quick next row before I start my day I think! :crochet:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:18 am

WIP
Think I'm going to need to add at least one extra round.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I've added two extra rounds; one of DC and one of SC.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:34 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:I've added two extra rounds; one of DC and one of SC.

Let us know how that works size wise and total stitches per side. Iḿ just starting on the round 17 that Dedri does in her list of extra rounds, Ive just read through it properly and what she has done is worked out the extra rounds so that all the squares end up being within 4 stitches of each other so Iḿ going to try that!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 pm

clothmama wrote:
autumnalgirl wrote:I've added two extra rounds; one of DC and one of SC.

Let us know how that works size wise and total stitches per side. Iḿ just starting on the round 17 that Dedri does in her list of extra rounds, Ive just read through it properly and what she has done is worked out the extra rounds so that all the squares end up being within 4 stitches of each other so Iḿ going to try that!

I've just counted and it has 44 stitches per side (or at least one side does, the others are hopefully the same)! Most of hers were either 41 or 42, but there was one with 44. I'll take a comparison photo in the morning when the light makes it worth it!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 am

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Looking really good Christi :thumbsup: Was it you that was saying you weren't sure about your colours on this one? Are you ending all of yours in white? @autumnalgirl

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:49 pm

clothmama wrote:Looking really good Christi :thumbsup: Was it you that was saying you weren't sure about your colours on this one? Are you ending all of yours in white? @autumnalgirl

Thankyou. I actually really like it in natural light, I think the light I have on in the evening must be an odd colour.
I was ending them all in white, but I've had to add extra rounds to the first couple and it didn't really work to carry on in white. Going to have mix it up.

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet