Blanket squares CAL - 11 - Embracing Variety

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Blanket squares CAL - 11 - Embracing Variety

Postby clothmama » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 pm

This is the Embracing Variety square by DragonFlyMomof2 Designs. Here is the pattern:

http://myblueangels.blogspot.fr/2012/02 ... quare.html

And for those taking inspiration for colour changes from lookatwhatimade here is her round up of this square:
http://www.lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/y ... -tutorial/
And 2 versions that she has done:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: 2017 CAL - June 1 - Embracing Variety

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:35 am

Start of August so only a little late :giggle: the colours are nicer in real life, but I can't a decent photo. I'm not sure about this one; mainly because it won't sit flat without blocking :oops:
I needed the look what I made help for this one, the pattern wasn't the easiest to follow! Following the help it was quite quick to make up.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:43 am

I'm sure it will be fine when blocked - looks lovely! Is it the right size? Could you do one of the stiffer borders to help it be flat if it is a bit small? Thanks for the hint about the pattern and help!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:02 am

clothmama wrote:I'm sure it will be fine when blocked - looks lovely! Is it the right size? Could you do one of the stiffer borders to help it be flat if it is a bit small? Thanks for the hint about the pattern and help!

I think I'm going to have to block it as I'm struggling to get an accurate view of its size. I did do an extra round but then it seemed huge. I think it might stretch to match the others.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Blanket squares CAL - 11 - Embracing Variety

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:38 am

I've printed off the pattern and the help so I'll get started when I finish off the last round of the current one!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Blanket squares CAL - 11 - Embracing Variety

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 am

I started this yesterday - I like it but it annoys me that the open thing in the middle is a bit wonky :lookround: :oops: me being too OCD about it I think!

I'm a bit confused about how many squares I've missed as this will be my 7th and this is number 11 - surely there haven't been 4 I've not liked / finished?? :loopy:

Return to Crochet