Postby girlinleeds » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 am

Pips doesn't go trick or treating so I made her a bat instead

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Clarence Toft bat

Postby autumnalgirl » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:07 pm

I love that bat! Pips is looking so grown up too. Mine don't go trick or treating either. I'm not the most popular parent ever! :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:49 pm

:love: love it that is very cute!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Oh and meant to say it is a bit different here, there is no 'trick or treat' the kids are just supposed to be dressed up and 'scary' to get a sweet - and for littlies like Remy who had a 'cute' costume they were all lovely and pretended to be scared before giving a few sweets.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:14 am

clothmama wrote:Oh and meant to say it is a bit different here, there is no 'trick or treat' the kids are just supposed to be dressed up and 'scary' to get a sweet - and for littlies like Remy who had a 'cute' costume they were all lovely and pretended to be scared before giving a few sweets.

That sounds a little better, part of my issue is with the wording.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:42 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:
clothmama wrote:Oh and meant to say it is a bit different here, there is no 'trick or treat' the kids are just supposed to be dressed up and 'scary' to get a sweet - and for littlies like Remy who had a 'cute' costume they were all lovely and pretended to be scared before giving a few sweets.

That sounds a little better, part of my issue is with the wording.

It is a bit odd and it isn't like anyone actually does do 'tricks' (IDK maybe they do in the states!) do they @autumnalgirl . I was pretty anti it pre kids but the kids just love(d) it so much and I started loving it one year when we lived in the south and we all dressed up (adults too) with our friends and neighbours and went around then came back to the house for butternut soup, mulled wine etc - it was really lovely! I, like you, didn't like the trick thing but have never subscribed to that and just gone with the fun of dressing up and having a good time!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Where we used to live there was a lot of tricking going on, possibly that's where some of my dislike started! We used to have to have every single light off and stay at the back of the house. :evil: Round here, i think it's much more how you describe, children happily dressing up and collecting sweets! I just find it odd, the idea of knocking on doors, with what is basically a threat! :giggle: I'm over thinking it, probably!

Return to Crochet