clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Ripple blanket edging?

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:01 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:They'll never find me
:hiding:

You better go hide any blankets still on the premises :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:21 pm

OK so I've finished :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: - when I discovered I'd lost the orange I realised it is more than long enough (actually wondered if I'd needed to do any of the recent work at all!). So I have actually got enough of 4 colours to do some sort of edging but not sure if I really want to or not. What do you think? To edge (with simple sc or something else) or not to edge????

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:50 am

So pretty :love: and all good comes to those who wait :giggle:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:56 am

clothmama wrote:OK so I've finished :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: - when I discovered I'd lost the orange I realised it is more than long enough (actually wondered if I'd needed to do any of the recent work at all!). So I have actually got enough of 4 colours to do some sort of edging but not sure if I really want to or not. What do you think? To edge (with simple sc or something else) or not to edge????

I like the edge with simple SC. Beautiful blanket by the way. Where/who is it for @clothmama?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:04 am

Thanks girls!

Allie wrote:I like the edge with simple SC. Beautiful blanket by the way. Where/who is it for @clothmama?

It is for me @Allie as a snuggle on my lap on the sofa blanket in the cold months - it is pure wool so lovely and heavy and warm and I love the colours to brighten up a winter day! Still undecided on the edging. I think I'm going to focus on getting all the ends away and then live with it a bit and see how I feel!
Aeseldyr wrote:So pretty :love: and all good comes to those who wait :giggle:

:giggle:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 am

I'm so jealous of your blanket @clothmama I've just watched a tutorial on YouTube and I'm going to have a go at making one myself! I'm crochet obsessed :hohoho:

How many stitches did you do in your foundation chain?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:16 pm

Attic 24's tutorial is really easy to follow (except if you have learned in US terminology like me you need to just convert trc to dc!!). She explains exactly how to work out how many stitches for the first row and has really clear pics of getting the first ripple row done. I was a pretty new crocheter when I started and she made it really easy - recommend highly! She even has packs of yarn in lots of cool colours that she has done blankets in. @Allie
https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat ... ttern.html

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

I'd leave it unedged too to start with, definitely an unfussy border if you change your mind though!

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

clothmama wrote:Attic 24's tutorial is really easy to follow (except if you have learned in US terminology like me you need to just convert trc to dc!!). She explains exactly how to work out how many stitches for the first row and has really clear pics of getting the first ripple row done. I was a pretty new crocheter when I started and she made it really easy - recommend highly! She even has packs of yarn in lots of cool colours that she has done blankets in. @Allie
https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat ... ttern.html

Thanks @clothmama, I think I've mastered the practice piece:

PreviousNext

Return to Crochet