Ripple blanket edging?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Ripple blanket edging?

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am

:wave: As I'm nearing (well can see the light anyway!) the end of my ripple blanket I'm wondering what to do with edging it. Biggest issue is that I doubt I have enough of any colour yarn left to even go around once in sc. I actually don't mind it unedged except that the start edges aren't as neat as later on. Anyone got any cool ideas that I could do with potentially different colours?

What have you guys done to edge blankets in the past?
@girlinleeds @0_Lisa_0 @MissFrodo and anyone else?

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Ripple blanket edging?

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 am

I don't tend to edge my blankets but what about a complete contrast in either white or black ( I'd personally go with a white bobble edge, just putting the bobbles on the point of each ripple. I am now sorely tempted to start a new WIP :giggle: )

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:01 pm

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Can we see the blanket?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Those bobbles are really cute but I think the blanket is too busy for them. If I do anything I think it needs to be really plain.
autumnalgirl wrote:Can we see the blanket?

It is this one I've been working on since 2013 :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: @autumnalgirl

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:29 am

I relooked at the edge last night when I was doing some of the ends (I'm so bad at not doing as I go :oops: ) and actually it is pretty damn straight! I think I was thinking of the one I did for Remy which with all the different stitches looked like a dogs breakfast and had to have an edge. I may just leave it - I'll look again when I've done all the dangly bits! I'm even thinking just a single crochet up the straight edges may look nice if I have enough of a colour left.

I'm glad you said about you not edging yours @0_Lisa_0 I kind of thought I 'had' to (coz you know the crochet police will be round if you don't :hohoho: :hohoho: ).

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 am

clothmama wrote:I relooked at the edge last night when I was doing some of the ends (I'm so bad at not doing as I go :oops: ) and actually it is pretty damn straight! I think I was thinking of the one I did for Remy which with all the different stitches looked like a dogs breakfast and had to have an edge. I may just leave it - I'll look again when I've done all the dangly bits! I'm even thinking just a single crochet up the straight edges may look nice if I have enough of a colour left.

I'm glad you said about you not edging yours @0_Lisa_0 I kind of thought I 'had' to (coz you know the crochet police will be round if you don't :hohoho: :hohoho: ).

:hohoho: I don't think I've ever edged a blanket, Don't tell anyone

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote::hohoho: I don't think I've ever edged a blanket, Don't tell anyone

I'm contacting the crochet police after lunch and dobbing you in :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: @0_Lisa_0

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 am

They'll never find me
:hiding:

Next

Return to Crochet