hf1

Turkey

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Re: Turkey

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:41 pm

@clothmama i cant eat turkey legs, they remind me too much its a real animal :oops: :oops: and that was before watching the vodaphone christmas advert with the turkey, this year i may end up eating veg and lots of stuffing

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 pm

and thinking about it a crown does seem more expensive but less bones=more meat so not as bad value as you think (or thats how it works in my head and how me and dh convince ourselves were not being ripped of)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:53 pm

girlinleeds wrote:@clothmama i cant eat turkey legs, they remind me too much its a real animal :oops: :oops: and that was before watching the vodaphone christmas advert with the turkey, this year i may end up eating veg and lots of stuffing

LOL J is the same with all meat! J hates turkey where the kids and I love it! For years I've done him a steak but now he's gone off that much meat so last year we did a nut roast that was absolutely delicious! This year we are going to try this one for him (and the rest of us will eat it too (well I will at least!)!):
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/unca ... ut-roast/#
Seriously the one we did last year was so good (Jamie as well I think), it tasted so festive with nuts / chestnuts / dried apricots (and cranberries maybe), was like a posh stuffing on steroids so well worth a try Lyndsay!

And you are right price wise! I actually asked Louis if he would be OK with that rather than a bird and he nearly cried (he is such a little foodie!! :giggle: :happysanta: )!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Argh!you've confused me. At the moment its a null point. I have a whole Turkey on order, and the crowns are sold out...

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Someone do a poll for me!!

Previous

Return to Christmas Cooking