hf1

Welcome to our Christmas Cooking Alongs!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Welcome to our Christmas Cooking Alongs!

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 am

Welcome to the cooking, baking, preserving and any other gastronomic ideas you can come up with area of our new Craft Along forums :happysanta:.

There are going to be some fantastic cooking, baking, preserving etc going on to make as gifts :wine: and even Christmas decorations. :loveit:

I'd like to thank Caroline for agreeing to be the helper elf for this forum :snowball: I know she is going to find some fantastic projects and recipes for us to try and keep us enthusiastic about getting them done!

There will be lots of projects on the go and there will be no strict time limits or anything like that, just a fun and supportive way to share the handmade love and make it a very crafty Christmas :happysanta: ! Let us know on this thread if you are keen to join in! I can't wait to see what will be made :blw:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Welcome to our Christmas Cooking Alongs!

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 am

:wine: Looking forwards to this! I definitely want to see your recipe for a chocolate log, Caroline. Definitely fancy having a crack at that this year.

I've already made a start with my Christmas cooking: I pickled onions last weekend. :mrgreen:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:28 am

:happypixies: :happypixies:

I'm so excited about my Christmas cooking already! I started last week with Xmas puddings and keep thumbing through the cookbooks to see what else I want to make. :giggle:

Keep your eyes peeled for a Christmas Pudding thread. I've got a lot of photos to edit and then I will put it in a blog style post for everyone to see just how easy it is.

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 am

oh fab!

1 want to do jams this year ithink

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:26 am

Yum yum yum!
I'm making Christmas cake, gingerbread & Christmas pudding already.
This will inspire me to branch out!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:00 am

love this one- I need to start baking more at Christmas instead of just enjoying my MIL's goodies!! :giggle:

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 am

We will look forward to some ideas

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:20 am

Mmmmm i will be watching this one :happysanta: i need some inspiration this year :wink:

My avatar
yellow45
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby yellow45 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:25 am

Yummy! I've already made some chilli jam and caramalised onion chutney for Christmas but would love to do some more.

Next

Return to Christmas Cooking