Postby Mumof5 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am

:thumbsup: Some good ideas there!

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Gifts in a jar

Postby red_dwarf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:31 am

The cheepest way to get jam style jars is to buy the 19p curry sauce from asda or sainsburies. Its the value one. You pour it away and chuck the jars in the dishwasher a few times to get rid of all the curry smell. the jars are bigger than a normal jam jar too and a fraction of the price of most bought empty jars :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:46 am

red_dwarf wrote:The cheepest way to get jam style jars is to buy the 19p curry sauce from asda or sainsburies. Its the value one. You pour it away and chuck the jars in the dishwasher a few times to get rid of all the curry smell. the jars are bigger than a normal jam jar too and a fraction of the price of most bought empty jars :wink:

Yep I've done that before too. As you sterilise them before use any used jar is fine. I start collecting old jam jars etc in September for things like my mincemeat. I do prefer buying empty ones for gifts as you can get nice pretty lids for them. :oops: :lookround: :lol:

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 am

what a fab idea! I'm bidding on some that are pick up down the road from me but if i get outbid will defo do that!! Cheers x

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:57 pm

right been out bid at 25p each now so off to ASDA tomorrow lol

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am

oh good tip re the jars! I bought some flip top jars from Ikea, I'll use them for body scrubs as you need to be able to get your hand in.

Return to Christmas Cooking