hf1

Making mince pies - when?

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Making mince pies - when?

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Oh my goodness Caroline, that is so much! I struggle atm with Emmet to entertain, our hallway ceilling came tumbling down last week & Emmet was very poorly before that.

Anyhoo, my fruit is currently soaking in brandy for the cake & will make mincemeat with the boys on Saturday - Jonah loved helping last year & crushed the almonds so delicately with the rolling pin :lookround:

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm

I had one big session last night when they were in bed. In all, including clearing up, it took me about 2.5 hours. Some of it is for the school fair on Sunday and I still have a bit more to do before then but the pressure is off. I learnt last year not to try to do too much at the last minute (and they break up from school really late this year).

Sounds like you have had a tough couple of weeks @Shaunie :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Thankfully Emmet is better but we'll be looking at the gaping ceilling until the new year at least!

FC I get a few things done this week, no-one is relying on me for anything so no pressure thank goodness!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Caroline wrote:Some of it is for the school fair on Sunday and I still have a bit more to do before then but the pressure is off. I learnt last year not to try to do too much at the last minute (and they break up from school really late this year).

Same here, I am doing as much in advance as I can! Still got another ton of mince pies to make and some cheese biscuits but other than that most of the foody gifts are done and frozen. Now to start on our Christmas food! :eek: :lol:

Previous

Return to Christmas Cooking