hf1

Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Yay me too then.
I'm on phone so sorry for totally rubbish editing.

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Either Noah aged 2 very average size
Flora aged 6 months at reveal chubby but average
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing)
For Noah night nappies only please
Or any of the above for Flora ** no wool she seems to be allergic :(**
Nappy/clothing size nappy I only know WN large for both I will get measurement tomorrow. flora is in medium D&F and her flips are totally open if that helps.
I would prefere 9-12 12-18 Clothes for her as she is already starting 6-9
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) fitted or wraps.
[b]If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc)
no fleece
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc)No preference.
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable)
Not all asked for but the best I could get please note these are an indication only my wriggly2 year old thought this was the funniest thing ever so wouldn't stay still.
Noah
Waist 47cm
Hips 46cm
Inside leg 35
Flora
Hips. 44
Waist. 44
Inside leg. 18.5
Measurements for tops/dresses (chest, length of top/dress, sleeve length)
Noah
Chest 53cm
Arm underside 24
Back 37

Flora
Chest. 51cm
Underside arm 17.5
Back. 31cm

However please follow the WAHM's recommendation and ignore me if they seem ridiculous. I've never measured before and they were like wiggly worms :roll:
Favourite colours/ones to avoid
For Flora I am totally over the top girly for Noo I'm pretty easy going.
Favourite themes/things to avoid i dont like Skulls or anything "dark" or punky really.
I'm pretty easy going for Noo he loves trains, trains, trains and pink trains did I mention trains? Woody. No dragons as they try to eat him :roll:
For Flora super princessy, fairy's, ballerina's she starts baby ballet in January if that gives you an idea of how silly girly I've gone.
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) I'm happy either way.
Favourite fabric prints/designers
Michael Miller ans Robert Kaufman fabric is a big favourite of mine.
Anything else your fairy might need to know? hhmmm can't think of anything if my SS needs to PM that's fine :hohoho: well it was worth a go
Last edited by KimmyM on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:48 pm

@babygrowbelly Louise said on the other thread that is is OK to sign up tonight as she wont' be doing it all til morning and to just get measurements asap :wink:

I wont' be joining in this year - I'm a tad busy - finals (2 more sleeps :panic: ) :loopy: , organising trip to UK, packing and moving out of house, organising removalist and storage :panic: :giggle:

I do understand that that it is a bit quieter this year because people have less money than in previous years. There will be the DIY and we also have another Christmas swap in the pipeline that will cost far less than this one. So for those that want to be involved and haven't been able to on this one stay tuned :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:51 pm

I've been trying to decide if I should join in since this went up and would have loved to but with three tiny's it would cost the earth and I wouldn't be able to pick just one of them :( :(

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:55 pm

teganplus2 wrote:I've been trying to decide if I should join in since this went up and would have loved to but with three tiny's it would cost the earth and I wouldn't be able to pick just one of them :( :(

We need a swap for Mamas too! Especially for those with lots of kids!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:59 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
teganplus2 wrote:I've been trying to decide if I should join in since this went up and would have loved to but with three tiny's it would cost the earth and I wouldn't be able to pick just one of them :( :(

Good idea. That's what the original DIY swap was for but that seems to have become gifts for either now. Also not everyone is good with their hands.

@teganplus2 - can you afford 2 lots of £25? I only ask as I did that one year and asked for £25 to be split between my older 2 (they got a WAHM t-shirt each) and then £25 to be spent on my youngest who was in nappies still. Might be an option if you can stretch to it.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build)
Caleb, 2yrs 7mths (in Dec) already been in size 3-4 for the last 3 months, slim and tall

Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing)
Clothing please as no nappies needed so not really in wool or fleece anymore

Nappy/clothing size
N/A

If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) N/A
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc) N/A
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc) N/A

Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable)
N/A

Sorry but I need to give all poss measurements and I am using an existing top as Caleb doesn't stand still :giggle: This is based on a 3-4 top from Sainsburys and it fits him now so not sure if a little needs to be added? Arrgh I am useless at measurements lol, sorry to my secret santa :oops:
Underarm to bottom - 10inch
Width on front - 13inch
From front neckline to bottom of top - 15.5 inch
From back neckline to bottom of top - 17 inch
Arm - 13 inch

Favourite colours/ones to avoid love most colours, not a big fan of orange though. Just to add no Pink (just incase :giggle: )

Favourite themes/things to avoid I like most things, Caleb had a lot of Ooga last year so not so sure about that anymore, also please no baby cartoon type things such as baby animals. He likes Pirates, Dinosaurs, Tractors, Trucks, Cars (i think in that order too lol)
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) yes that's fine, no names on clothing though please

Favourite fabric prints/designers will update as need to check who it is that I like :giggle:

Anything else your fairy might need to know? Still can't decide if I like "tie dyed" look or not for him but have had some nice mixed colour bv tops (see i am all technical with this :hohoho: ), prefer not to have clothing from LLS and might be best staying clear of trousers as he doesn't seem to stay in them for long and I would love him to get wear out of his Secret Santa (yes I know what a blumming annoying secret santa recipient eh?! :oops: ) x
Last edited by babygrowbelly on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:

or just greedy Mamas that never buy for themselves anymore :giggle: I realised today I was wearing a top I bought when I was 19 which was a while ago.
I put down both details and the Santa can pick that way I didn't feel I was picking if you know what I mean.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Can't find my original sign up post :? so retyping it

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Mia, 5 months at reveal but already in 6-9 month clothing
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing) Anything apart from fleece and wraps, Mia is in wool full time except on the odd occasion where she wears one of her 2 WN pockets :lol:
Nappy/clothing size Medium or M/L nappies and wool please, clothing 6-9 or 9-12 months
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) Side snapping either fitted or pocket please
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc) No fleece outers, for fitteds BV or knit prints preferred, for pockets minkee or cuddlesoft outer please
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc)For pockets minkee or cuddlesoft inner only please, for fitteds anything is fine
Waist 18"
Rise 17"
Hip 20"
Inseam 7"
Length of skirt tba

Chest 16"
Length of top(nape of neck- bottom) 10"
Sleeve 7"
Length of dress tba

Favourite colours/ones to avoid Love bright girly colour combinations, pink/purple, pink/orange, pink/lime green is one of my favourite combinations, pink/turquoise, not keen on black on babies

Favourite themes/things to avoidLove fairies, cupcakes, flowers esp cherry blossoms, no skulls please
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) Love embroidery, no personalisation thanks
Favourite fabric prints/designers Love sweet owls, Michael Miller (esp carnival bloom) , Mad Skye and some Robert Kauffman prints
Anything else your fairy might need to know? Not atm

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby teganplus2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:40 pm

Louise wrote:

@teganplus2 - can you afford 2 lots of £25? I only ask as I did that one year and asked for £25 to be split between my older 2 (they got a WAHM t-shirt each) and then £25 to be spent on my youngest who was in nappies still. Might be an option if you can stretch to it.

Only just seen this :( xx

PreviousNext

Return to Secret Santa 2011