hf1

Secret Santa - post your questions here

My avatar
justme123
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Secret Santa - post your questions here

Postby justme123 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:28 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? I like bold colours and contrasts, but don't like things too fussy - eg one bold print with plain contrast would be great, several prints or lots of different colours might be too much.
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? no to either please.
3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I don't think we'd really use a hooded towel. Other non-clothing items eg blanket, toy etc could be nice. I would love a nursing necklace or amber teething necklace (don't know if that's allowed?) we would also love some pretty bibs. I wouldn't mind/ would quite like (fairly subtle) personalisation on a non-clothing item.
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? no thanks!
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Ooh -I haven't tried many yet and they all look fantastic, but I'm particularly looking at little gumnut (for nappies & interlock) and loobyloo (that pink owl dress was gorgeous & I just missed it!). I am loving OWW nappies atm (but find they come up small and would probably want a L). Would also love to try a WNNN/ WNNL.
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? Yes love dresses here! Either knit or woven depending on style.
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? probably not - I'm quite fussy about stuff like that and we already have loads.
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) no clips, she doesn't have enough hair yet! We have enough wipes. Would love wool wash or spray on lanolin, or toiletries. Or a bib :-)
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? yes, either day or night nappy would be lovely! She is not a very heavy wetter atm but does wear her nappy all night (12 hrs +) so needs something quite absorbent. I do like dyed BV, especially girly colours. Not sure what LWI is - if it's a dip dye then yes please!
Last edited by justme123 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:22 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? I like both
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? Not particularly keen
3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? Would prefer clothing
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Yes 3-4
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? I dont really have a favourite as I only really get to buy wahm clothing in secret santas.
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics?n/a
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? No thank you
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) anything apart from wool products/nappy related things.
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? n/a
Thank you x
Last edited by Woozle35 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
Yes to both.

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?
Not keen unless very subtle.

3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
Depends what it is but we'd love a hooded towel, and also love bandana bibs (esp. fleece or minkee backed). Baby legs would also be great :D

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?
No thanks.

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? For woolies we love Tempestuous Poppett and Pixie Knits (and would love to try Droopy Drawers too). For clothes we love Scrunchkins, Harmony Threads, ASquared and Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? n/a

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? No thank you.

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) A surprise for Jasmine please :D

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? We have asked for no nappy.

We do love LWI BV clothes, not so keen on tie-dye.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm

[quote="Frances"]1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
I like a block rainbow but thats about it, so no.

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?
Not keen on them, sorry.

3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
Have enough hooded towels here with four boys, no thank you.

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?
No thanks.

My avatar
mummy_goose1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby mummy_goose1 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Yep to both!

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? don't dislike, but probably woudn't choose myself..

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? don't really use hooded towels. But would be super happy with clothing!

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Not potty trained yet!

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Have had a pair of longies from Sara (greenabubs) and soakers from Gayle - which are all ace!! Haven't had any other bits - but everyone's looks lovely!!!!
Have never had a wahm nappy-but happy to try!
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? would probably prefer a dress - not fussed on fabrics!!

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? Yup! would prob prefer a wooden toy out of those options - or actually - see question 8 - WIPES!!! :giggle:

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) ooh.... wipes pls!!!
)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? Would be super happy with a night nappy... But h is a mega piddler! She's out peeing her wnnn's now....
Last edited by mummy_goose1 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Yes I like multi colours and most of Tylers wahm clothing is made of contrasting panels of prints/plain so again fine here :) I'm not keen on bv for clothing.

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? I'm not keen on either unless it is very subtle

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I would prefer not as we have lots of hooded towels here thanks

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Yes for Tyler but only boxers not pants - age 3/4 No for bump

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? For clothing we love ABK, Beetles, Bugs and Butterflies, Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum. I also love the look of Titches Stitchs athough we have never tried anything from Karen. Nappies - Holdens Landing, Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum, Dunk n Fluff, Weenotions (especially for night nappies), Owewhoawhen, Made by Amber.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? I would be happy with a dress - I am quite fussy about dresses though :oops: I love hooded dresses or pinafore style dresses that I can use either a t-shirt or long sleeved top underneath. I would prefer knit print please.

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? No thanks as we are very limited for space

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)
No hair clips or wipes here please but I would be happy to receive anything else especially toiletries :D

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? Definitely would love a night nappy for Tyler and happy to receive one for bump in size medium - i've not started my medium stash yet so open to day or night nappies! I like any type of dyed bamboo velour
Last edited by pinksalmon2001 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 pm

)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Like multi colours - we like coloured stripes and prints like stars (white stars on coloured background etc)
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? No thanks
3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? Love hooded towels
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? We're not in pants yet so no thankyou
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Love weenotions t-shirts with applique on but am happy to try somewhere new. Really open to any WAHM love most things
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? n/a
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? Yes that sounds lovely

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:53 am

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? I like rainbow type stuff, don't like scrappies in knitting, i dont like busy fabrics or kitsch fabrics. Don't like popular fabrics like ooga,VHC, GMILY, micheal miller kauffman ect.exception is hello kitty izzy loves hello kitty.

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? slogan for emboridery or bedroom item yes, but not on a fabric/wordy prints

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? not a hooded towel,clothes yes, woolens yes, stuff for izzy's room yes

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? pants yes. if knitted need to be leggings not longies as izzy is potty trained. If sewn please see my comment about elastic below.

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Karen @ titches stitches, Rae @ approved by kayleigh, Allie @ scrunchkins like the look of mama2boyz new thread. Plus ANY knitting wahms love them all.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? either

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? Yes love woozlewood stuff!

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) hair clips or toiletires.

SOME MORE INFO FOR MY FAIRY
measurements missed
Chest 21.5
waist 20.5
hips 21.5
skirt length 10.5
Inside leg 14
Back length 12
dress length 20

I don't like hooded dresses. Love wahm clothes! love knitted items (although would have to be fitted rather than for over a nappy eg. soakaerless skirtie or knitted leggins) She has tons of knitted tops cardis and jumpers though already so dont really need those. Not keen on whole crocheted items so wouldnt liek say a whole skirtie in crochet but dont mind small bits of crochet

If its wahm clothing i have a specific request :oops: WE love our wahm clothes but the small thin elastic that is often used in waistbands,necks and sleeves doesn't agree with izzy, it digs in her and leaves itchy red marks, so very cheekily asking for nice thick elastic only. Sorry to be a pain!
Last edited by littlesez on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Bump, noticed a few people haven't answered all the questions yet, and I know Louise is busy as Mia had a sore throat.

PreviousNext

Return to Secret Santa 2011