hf1

Secret Santa - post your questions here

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Secret Santa - post your questions here

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:20 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Hmmm, it really depends :oops: I like contrasting colours like bold rainbows, but I am not keen on 'busy' fabrics - does that even answer the question :?

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? No I don't them at all

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I would prefer a nappy please :)

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? N/A

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Nappies - UK is Weenotions, USA is OWW and DnF but I also have a brilliant nappy from the last nappy fairy by Pipers Closet who I had never heard of so I'm definately open to new WAHM's :) Clothing, I do prefer ABK and Scrunchkins just because I have had no problems with anything I have bought from either of them and their clothes fit my children really well.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? Yep, if you want to buy Squish a dress then no bother :) Knit or woven are fine, woven for Spring/Summer only though :)

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? N/A

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) Wipes are always handy, as is wool wash or lanolin, No toiletries please as her skin is very sensitive. No hairclips as she has very little hair :lol:

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? I think we have enough night nappies now (but don't worry if you have already bought one :wink: ). I like LWI but not really keen on tie dye.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm

eviesmummy wrote:

[b]5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?
Nappies - UK is Weenotions, USA is OWW and DnF but I also have a brilliant nappy from the last nappy fairy by Pipers Closet who I had never heard of so I'm definately open to new WAHM's :)

Don't like your chances of another on of her's.

My avatar
babygrowbelly
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby babygrowbelly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Erm not too sure, if it was bv then no but for jersey I quite like some different prints recent tops have been znok dino and michael miller dino dudes so i can cope with bright prints

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? No thanks

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? No thank you

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? N/A

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? For clothing it would be Snugglebots just as she is the only WAHM i have never had to have clothing repaired or issues with quality :oops: Ooh and I got a top in the last secret santa but I am not sure who it was by and I think she stopped making items but that was lovely too! Beetlebugs and Butterflies and I like the look of Titches Stitches and 50ft KnitWit.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? N/A

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? No thank you we have far too much already and too little space for any more

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? No need for toys and we have sensitive skin issues here too :wink:
Last edited by babygrowbelly on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:31 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
Don't mind multi colours but prefer not too many and not too keen on lots of contrasts
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?
don't like them
3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
wouldn't use hooded towel but would be happy with something non clothing
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? No thank you
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?
We only have experience of scrunchkins, ABK, A squared ans dunk n fluff and like all of them
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics?
N/A
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations?
No thank you
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on?
(eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) wipes, organic baby toiletries or a surprise would be lovely. We have enough wool wash and lanoli for now.
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour?
n/a

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Woop broadband has been fixed :yahoo:
1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
I like a block rainbow but thats about it, so no.

Not keen on them, sorry.

3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
Have enough hooded towels here with four boys, no thank you.

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?
No thanks.

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing?
OWW - weenotions - gurilla fluff for nappies - Snugglebbots, 50ftknitwit, scotia knits, rainbow waters and ABK for clothes.

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics?
N/A

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations?
No thank you

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on?
(eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) organic baby toiletries, id love a wee suprise for siblings, but he has 3 other brothers :giggle: - we have lots of lanolin and wool wash alread so no thank you x

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? We dont use night nappies.
Last edited by clothmama on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited so all your answers are in one post to make it easier for your Santa ;)

My avatar
Fayesmum
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Fayesmum » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Yeah, like rainbows but nothing really garish... not overly keen on very bright 70's prints

2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? No not really

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? We don't use hooded towels now

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Knickers are 2-3, but 2-4 wahm knickers quite a snug fit so perhaps altered size round legs

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Snugglebots, ABK, Titches Stitches, BBB, 50ftknitwit, scotia knits

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? Either

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? We already have wooden letters but a nice print for her room or some bunting for above her bed spelling out her name perhaps?

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)
Organic toiletries, small toy, love cora clips, wooly wash as we have alot of woolies despite being pt

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Yep, I like lots of colours, especially brights and pastels. Nothing too clashy though :)

I don't mind them as long as it's something suitable for a baby.

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
We wouldn't really use a hooded towel but other non clothing items would be ok, we like bandana bibs and stuff like that.

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?
No thank you

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?
Ooh there are so many! Clothes I love Tweedlebee&Tweedlebum, Approved By Kayleigh, Thank you for your support/Modelled By Ryan, Scrunchkins etc. Nappies - Weenotions, Dunk n Fluff, Holdens Landing, OWW, Made By Amber, Guerilla Fluff, Little Gumnut, probably more that I've forgotten! Love all of the woolie WAHMS but particularly Pixie Knits and Knittybots.

N/A

Yes, but would prefer something he could wear :)

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)
Something for Lilly would be good (she's nearly 3 and loves Thomas the Tank, Peppa Pig, buses, trains, anything sweet!), or wool wash is always useful

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour?
Yes, a night nappy would be fine. If it helps, our current night nappy stash is made up of WNNNs and Holdens Landing Bedbug Plus, we get on great with these and also open to trying different ones.

Previous

Return to Secret Santa 2011