hf1

What do you do when out and about?

My avatar
loxx
Clothie
Clothie

Re: What do you do when out and about?

Postby loxx » Tue May 29, 2012 7:01 am

indigosky2k wrote:Well I wasn't consistant at all with DD1 which is why I was totally surprised when she started being dry so young, lol. We literally had months where I didn't put her anywhere near a toilet, and then we'd be religious about popping her on when she woke up, or when we changed nappies, etc.

That's good to know, I will probably just EC at home then, or use toilets if she starts shouting for a poo :thumbsup: I usually have about 10mins before poosplosion :)

It's great that EC worked so well for you. I was so skeptical until I first tried it and she got the idea within minutes. Now she definitely holds her poos until she is on her potty. Amazing, I didn't think she could be so aware at such a young age!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What do you do when out and about?

Postby indigosky2k » Tue May 29, 2012 7:29 am

Hahaha, no one could have been more sceptical than me. I shared our secret with no one, but our closest family. I was so sure people would think I was totally nuts for suggesting my baby was holding her bladder or letting me know she needed to poo. When she decided nappies weren't for her at just 14 months, I was in total shock as it would mean I had to outed, lol. When I carried on putting her in nappies for a month just for shows sake I felt like such a fraud, but everyone was totally cool once I said what we'd been doing.

I've decided now though she was a total fluke though as DD2 is just so much more reserved in her toilet use. And she seems to be one of those who will probably want to poo in a nappy till she's 3, which I am totally not used to :roll: This sunshine is great though for nappilessness. She has improved so much in just the last 10 days or so because she's just running around in a tshirt all day. She is finally coming to get me when she wants to wee, but is really funny because when I ask if she wants to poo she always says 'NOPE!' and vigorously shakes her head, only to go and poo somewhere 10 minutes later :roll: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Elimination Communication